Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Double Breasted Suit

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Feraud said:
If this is the only issue with the suit, I will say it is a perfect outfit.
It is simply a waste of money to take this excellent suit to a tailor to correct a suspect collar. Chances are the tailor would not know how to correct it.
It's really not an issue. It's a an issue with the poses, not the suit. When I am standing naturally straight it looks perfect; not bad for a $20 suit. I am wearing it today and it looks marvelous.

Feraud

Bartender
Hemingway Jones said:
It's really not an issue. It's a an issue with the poses, not the suit. When I am standing naturally straight it looks perfect; not bad for a $20 suit. I am wearing it today and it looks marvelous.
Sure, I thought as much. We should blame you and not the suit! ;) ;)

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Damn nice suit for that price. You couldn't make it for that amount. Good eye!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
marcello said:
The collar simply does not fit as it appears to be moving away from you at all times. As this is the most important aspect of suit fit.

Very true. As for pose related gapping........I guess it's possible :rolleyes: ........... so then you better make sure that you don't strike those poses in real life.;)

marcello

Suspended
Tomasso said:
Very true. As for pose related gapping........I guess it's possible :rolleyes: ........... so then you better make sure that you don't strike those poses in real life.;)

Well, if they don't want to learn, you can't teach them. Their loss, not mine.

marcello

Suspended
Senator Jack said:
I see we've attracted more riffraff from Style Forum.

Whatever dude. I came over to your board and gave some very valid advice that was seconded by the only member here who seems to know anything about clothing. If you want to poo-poo that, you do it at your own risk of looking foolish. It is no skin off my nose as I was just trying to help.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I don't know where they're from, but he is certainly lacking in decorum. If it is some kind of other forum, I suppose they don't teach comportment or manners over there.

Marcello, perhaps it would be best if you hung back a little bit, read some of the reads, and got an idea as to the elevated standards by which we conduct ourselves over here, before posting further.

marcello

Suspended
Hemingway Jones said:
I don't know where they're from, but he is certainly lacking in decorum. If it is some kind of other forum, I suppose they don't teach comportment or manners over there.

Marcello, perhaps it would be best if you hung back a little bit, read some of the reads, and got an idea as to the elevated standards by which we conduct ourselves over here, before posting further.

Well, in my world decorum doesn't mean lying to somebody's face when they ask a question. It may be a nice suit, but the neck doesn't fit, and that is really the number one thing to look for in a suit. I did nothing but present my findings to you, and was nay-sayed and ridiculed in return. Great decorum you show!

Good on ya.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Cut it out... So perhaps it's the pose and if so it's so. Could very well be a gap from the jacket having a gap.

Talking down by saying "if they don't want to learn they don't want to lean"
I'm not a guru on suits though I know what I know and not even I go in with that aproach
is not very nice. Be productive if you wish to criticize. Anywho... the suit is a nice suit.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
marcello said:
Well, in my world decorum doesn't mean lying to somebody's face when they ask a question. It may be a nice suit, but the neck doesn't fit, and that is really the number one thing to look for in a suit. I did nothing but present my findings to you, and was nay-sayed and ridiculed in return. Great decorum you show!

Good on ya.
So, in essence your reply is, "I know you are, but what am I?" lol

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
marcello said:
Whatever dude. I came over to your board and gave some very valid advice that was seconded by the only member here who seems to know anything about clothing. If you want to poo-poo that, you do it at your own risk of looking foolish. It is no skin off my nose as I was just trying to help.

Tomasso may be the only member here who knows anything about clothing, but he's enough of a gentleman not to barge in and begin critiquing others before taking the time to gain their acquaintance.

slicedbread

A-List Customer
marcello said:

Whoa now, buddy...I agree whole heartedly with what you had to say...It did seem like there was quite a gap and fit is very important. If it's just because of the picture, so be it...If not...It should be altered(by a competent tailor)...You could have said what you said in a more congenial manner though seeing as you're the new kid on the block.

Cacklewack

One of the Regulars
Senator Jack said:
Huh? Marc Chevalier, Baron Kurtz, and Matt Deckard don't know anything about clothes?

I believe Orgetorix was referring to a prior comment by Marcello:

Brooksie

One Too Many
HJ-Here is from yet another women's perspective... awsome, suit it looks great! You don't need a tan but this is coming from another person who is lilly white also.

Brooksie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21