Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My fella needs his hair cut!

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
Hi everyone

This is probably the wrong room to be posting this, but I haven't really posted anywhere else yet and couldn't make up my mind where this should go - if anyone wants to move it then that's fine by me!

Basically, my boyfriend needs his hair cut into a WWII German style - for living history purposes, as he has just joined a reenactment group. He knows it has to be short around the sides and longer on top but Iam having a bit of a pain in finding a good picture that he can take to the barbers.

If anyone can help, or offer suggestions (I personally don't know the continental hair differences of the time) then I would be really grateful.

Thanks all.

fleur

One of the Regulars
Have you seen Schindlers List? Ralph Fiennes hair is typical of the time (we lived in germany for a little while and did all the touristy things and he depicts some of the pics we saw to a t)

Hope this helps

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
Hi Fleur

Thanks, we were thinking along the lines of Ralph Finnes in SL - but I can't seem to get a clear photo of him online, have done a google search for images but there isn't anything clear enough.

I know this certainly isn't the place to be posting third reich imagary, but if there are any stars of the silver screen who had a similar hair do?

Salv

One Too Many
Hope the ladies don't mind me jumping in here, but there's a vintage haircut thread in the General Attire folder, and the first post contains a link to a site with several examples http://www.dererstezug.com/GermanHaircut.htm

haircut2a.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner