Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My First Aero!! (Insurrection aero 1930s Halfbelt - Brown FQHH size 42) PIC Heavy

Edward

Bartender
As for the throat latch, Edward,I believe this is a feature standard on Insurrection/Thurston bros jackets only. I don't think Aero adds this to their stock 30s half belt design unless the customer wants one.

Ah! Yes, I knew Insurrection made a few tweaks here and there, that would explain it. Thanks!

schitzo

Suspended
That one is the tits! Great advert for the 30s halfbelt. Thanks for the pics.

Re: the gold 'aero' lettering on the zipper pull. I got a Hercules yesterday that came with that too (pics coming just as soon as the new memory stick for my camera arrives..) and I don't dig it either. In my case it doesn't especially aggrevate me, I just think it would be better without

pauleway

Practically Family
Personally, I hate it. It just looks cheesy. Kinda shocked they do that...

I make my own leather tear-drop type pull tabs from extra leather I have from all the sleeve shortening I have had to do. I also have some samples from Aero that were sent to me a few years ago!

Radz108

One of the Regulars
Since we are on the topic of zippers and pull tabs, I was surprised that my jacket came with a talon zipper (repro or NOS? not sure). I was always under the impression that the stock Aero jackets come with an Aero labelled zipper standard with Talon zips as an upgrade. Does Stock Aero 30s HBs come witha Talon zip or is this another Insurrection tweak of the design?

In regards to the Aero labelled pull...I'm neither for or against it. I agree that a plain leather pull w/o the label would be more classy, but the for now I don't mind it much ;)

Cheers Radz

Really nice jacket Radz!
Looks like Insurrection got it right...I really like the throat latch, and am glad they did away with the zippered pockets.
The look is great on you.

Edward

Bartender
Really nice jacket Radz!
Looks like Insurrection got it right...I really like the throat latch, and am glad they did away with the zippered pockets.
The look is great on you.

What zippered pockets? The single angled-zipper pocket on the left breast, as present and correct here, is a standard on the Thirties Halfbelt: the handwarmer pockets haven't ever been zippered on this one.... or did Insurrection spec them that way at a time (would make sense, given their focus on bike leathers)?

jack miranda

A-List Customer
Oh, yeah, radz, that is a nifty bit of jacket.

As with you, I really like the slightly longer fit, and the longer sleeves. That fit to the first joint of my thumb is like finally getting to scratch an itch I couldn't reach. Thanks for the pics; the hide is sweet, sweet, sweet.

Edward

Bartender
I've only ever seen zippered handwarmers with the ball and chain pulls on their halfbelts...
http://www.insurrectionvintage.com/photo-gallery.html#PhotoSwipe1362076696310

Ah, right, so. That must be one of the changes Insurrection makes to their stock. The standard pattern is as per Aero's site, without them. I think I prefer without (though tbh on my jackets these are for me no more a convenient place to stuff the cotton gloves I occasionally wear in warmer weather, given my preference to keep the sun off as much of my skin as possible), but I can definitely see that advantage on a bike, where the last thing you want is anything slipping out of an unfastened pocket.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I've been using them quite heavily over the past couple of months, and the moleskin lining did a bang-up job at keeping me warm. Will be looking for a set gloves lined with the fabric in future.

ForestForTheTrees

One of the Regulars
While the sleeves seem too long to me personally, it's not my jacket and much better that you're happy with it than me. I definitely agree that sleeves do shorten up some with time from regular wear and creasing. I also agree that it's safer to error on the longer side of things when it comes to sleeve length. Enjoy!

Plumbline

One Too Many
Nice Jacket .. wear it well, wear it hard ..... hell wear it constantly, but you'll never wear it out :D

53Effie

A-List Customer
Looking good Radz. Congratulations on a great purchase. Have fun breaking it in. Welcome to TFL and thanks for sharing the new jacket with us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters