Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first painted jacket

adem

New in Town
I just finished painting my first jacket. I know its not an A-2, I didnt want to ruin a good jacket so I found this cheap vintage looking jacket to experiment on instead. Also I know the patches etc.. arent correct, this was just my first go at it. I would like to paint a lot more and I would like to get a portfolio together and website, so if there is anyone who would like a jacket painted for much cheaper than elsewhere, Im your man. Ive got to get a start somehow.

Thanks

img1gi2.jpg

img2ut8.jpg

img3wp6.jpg

img4bb2.jpg

img5za6.jpg

img6uv6.jpg

img7dv5.jpg

img8yy3.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Sterling work with the paint job! Suggestions...

You definitely have a gift there and potential. There are plenty of jacket artists out there, so DEVELOP A STYLE, all of your own, to set yourself slightly apart! If you have what it gots, you'll develop a following and reputation soon enough.

If you are thinking of offering services then start thinking about prices to charge and for what.

This then all needs to go into the CLASSIFIEDS/BUY & SELL Room (that's what it's there for and people reading know what to find there) So no commercial/financial talk here please, but all welcomed in the appropriate room, thanks. Now in that vain, here's a few ideas to help you along...

I suggest you post photos (or have a link to an online gallery which is better), as potential clients can get a better feel for your use of the brush, the mediums/paint types used, colouration, themes, and the things that 'you' do best (some have a panache for figures, others for aircraft..etc). What services are you offering in this line of work (and examples).

Also a profile about yourself and your painting adds human interest for the reader and also credibility in you.

Why this type of painting? How did you get into it? What inspires you? Where do your main skills lie? Which artists do you relate to? What training have you had? (if none, then where have you built up your experience and skill base from?...etc, etc).

Looking forward to seeing where you develop from here, but try to get a few more examples together, even at this early stage.

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Paddy's suggestions mirror my own...

... in addition, I would suggest that you also consider doing squadron patches on leather disks as well. Gives you some variety to show off without having to spring for a bunch of A-2s. As for suggestions...

61.jpg

64.jpg

IndyBlues

New in Town
That's a beautiful job. At first glance, I thought that was an Indy jacket, because of the yoke seam above the tiger. I may have to contract your services. Shoot me a PM with some pricing info.
'Blues

Better Duck

New in Town
Jacket artists in the UK?

PADDY said:
There are plenty of jacket artists out there.[/SIZE][/B]

Hello Paddy,

I see plenty of artists on forums & the internet, most of them in the USA or Japan, could you mention one or more in the UK, better still, recommend one or more? I have only ELC jackets and might buy an Aero Leather, so sending it to the US for painting is a bit too much.
I am thinking of having "Little Miss Mischief" painted on the back of a new, yet to be acquiered, jacket.

Peter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner