Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first time in my fedora.

charlie farley

One of the Regulars
Hi, I have finally worn my fedora on a trip to Edinburgh.I was pleased to see a few being worn besides my own some by smartly dressed men. I didn't get any silly comments from anyone not even from builders and there were loads as they are currently installing a new tram system.The worst I got was an "Oh for goodness sake!" from a young woman as I turned a corner. An old gent in a bar was wearing a fedora a fact he insisted in pointing out to people. I had just arrived and my hat was packed as I was still nervous about wearing it.I did, of course compliment him on his hat and he told me I could get one down at the grass market. It had an english logo which said "Linney" it turned out that the hat shop sold them and others as well as ladies hats.The shop is called Fabhatrix. I think a medium grey fedora would be a better colour for me so when the new Stetson Nostalgia comes out....

carter

I'll Lock Up
Charley, Any chance that you can also post a few photos of the hat shop Fabhatrix? Say the storefront and some of the merchandise displayed? That would be excellent. Carter

charlie farley

One of the Regulars
carter said:
Charley, Any chance that you can also post a few photos of the hat shop Fabhatrix? Say the storefront and some of the merchandise displayed? That would be excellent. Carter

I forgot to say they have a web site : www.fabhatrix.com
they have a photo of the store front and pics of the hats (mostly ladies but some gents) but you have to contact them as they do not sell online. Hope this helps.
I tried on the 'classic' and it has a higher crown than my Christy's it was around $140. fur felt (they also have wool and unlined hats).

charlie farley

One of the Regulars
RBH said:
The more you wear it the more you will want to wear it!
The Nostalgia looks to be a fine hat. Looking forward to hearing what you may have to add on it.
If you can take a few photos... we love them around here!!! :D

I have already decided that I prefer a higher crown fedora and in a lighter colour than navy blue.I think I would feel much better in a hat like the Nostagia.I had a nice moment when light rain started and I realised that I didn't need an umbrella.The best chance of encouraging people to wear hats again is for us to keep wearing ours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart