Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My fringed Schott 516

02 nighttrain

Familiar Face
I picked up this beautiful, Schott 516 from Leo’s Leather in Chicago somewhere along the line. The original tags are still attached. Maybe from the 80’s? It’s been hanging in my closet forever. I’m thinking about replacing the quilted lining with something wild and perhaps adding some turquoise conchos. Would it be a sacrilege to modify this classic, or is it time to make it my own? Btw, it’s great to be a part of this forum, and would appreciate your input! Thank you
schott fringe front for fedora.jpg
schott fringe back for fedora use.jpg
schott fringe tag for fedora.jpg
schott fringe price tag for fedora.jpg

mihai

A-List Customer
Hi there!

I guess there is not an exact fringed jacket model. Afaik there are several fringed jackets variations (e.g. with conchos). I have one like this. So there is no model to ruin.
Also given that the jacket is not expensive I think you won't loose much by personalizing it.

Mihai

02 nighttrain

Familiar Face
Hi there!

I guess there is not an exact fringed jacket model. Afaik there are several fringed jackets variations (e.g. with conchos). I have one like this. So there is no model to ruin.
Also given that the jacket is not expensive I think you won't loose much by personalizing it.

Mihai
thanks for the response. i'd forgotten about the concho fringe treatments. i was thinking about putting them on the belt line. great advice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran