Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Gibson-Barnes Navy G-1

GHQ1

One of the Regulars
I really like G&B jackets and count six in my inventory which sounds like I'm a big baller BUT I bought them all USED. For me I love the variety of all of them and love having gotten a deal.

42 fits me great in all their jackets -- M422, G-1, Armee de l'Air, ANJ-3 . . .BUT I have two Flight Suits (early G&B) versions -- CWU and proto Armee and the 44 fits much better . . . . so I suspect there was a pattern shift of some sort.

For reference I'm 6 ft 170 lbs and wear 42 in G&B, 44 in Eastman/US Auth/Flight Suits and 46 in Goodwear

Treetopflyer

Practically Family
G&B does make a great jacket. I went to their showroom to pick up a current issue G-1 and they were out of stock and would not have any ready for sales for five months, which was about a year ago. I did not order one, but looking back on it I should have. The G-1 I was issued is a 46 and that is a big fit on me since the guys that issued it said it should be a size bigger than I normally wear to fit over all the gear I would be wearing in cold weather when I would be wearing my leather jacket. The 46 I tried on at G&B showroom was huge on me, even more than my issued jacket. I ended up fitting into a 44 and that was even a little big on me.

The customer service I received was exceptional. I would recommend them on that alone.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I love G&B's I own 3 in goat, my favourite leather. It takes a while for the goat to start looing good. it looks like smooth vinyl when new so don't be put off. It goes really smooth and soft. Mine are all chrome tanned.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Here it is: yes, I know it is too big but enjoy:
nick121-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy