Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Latest Purchases

cookie

I'll Lock Up

Desmond of Southern California black wingtip shoes

A pair of vintage swing shoes from a Beverly Hills estate auction

Any suggesting on the rehabbing of the shoes and their provenance/era?

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow Cookie, those are all great! I wish I could help you with dating them, but as far a re-habbing is concerned, if they need to be softened up a bit, Piccard's works wonders (but you probably know that already).

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I cannot date them either, but I am sure that Sydney has an expert cobbler that could make them shiny and new. I would just be very very specific in what you want. There is nothing worse than when a cobbler takes it upon themselves to totally remake a shoe. You might get something back with Vibram soles. ;)

I would ask around for the best cobbler. Every city has one. We have a boot maker here in Boston that can do wonders and another fellow in Newton who is amazing.

Beautiful shoes! Enjoy them!

Marty M.

Vendor
Rehab(it)

cookie said:

Desmond of Southern California black wingtip shoes

A pair of vintage swing shoes from a Beverly Hills estate auction

Any suggesting on the rehabbing of the shoes and their provenance/era?

Cookie, Great looking set of Kicks. I know a place in New York that'll refurbish them. Shoot me a message if you want the info.
Marty

cookie

I'll Lock Up
My Specs

We had a wedding at our house for some friends yesterday and I decided to wear the Beverley Hills specs (see above). I had some success cleaning the buckskin and then found that Collonil (given to me by the cobbler) worked a charm when dabbed on and rubbed with a finger to avoid splashs. Some little age tears in the buck also will need more rehabbing - maybe the pros you guys suggest.

The shoes were very comfortable and a good fit. I wear orthotics and USA 11D fitted perfectly.

The age cohort went from 90 years (the groom's mother) down to 15 (my son). The groom's best man was his son - yes - welcome to life in the 21c!

Comments on my specs?

1. Fred Astaire - those around 70+

2. Gangsters 40+

3. So cool - under 40s

and the best (my 15 year old son)

4. Hey Dad ....I didn't know we were going bowling!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred