Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Latest Work of Art

ideaguy

One Too Many
Wonderful work of art-again; it looks just right on you,J.S., the color,ribbon,
and style are just superb. Another advertisement for a fine artist, and kudos to
a collector with great eyes!

luvthatlulu

Suspended
My First FL Post--Nice hat, Undertaker!!!

I have been skulking about this site for a few months enjoying the comments and information so much that I finally decided to take the plunge myself. This is my first post, so please forgive any foibles. Just wanted to say that is one fine hat--I saw it and liked it so much that I immediately contacted Art and am in the process of begging him to make another like it! Also, "Hello" from a fellow East Tennesseean!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

undertaker

Practically Family
luvthatlulu said:
... Just wanted to say that is one fine hat--I saw it and liked it so much that I immediately contacted Art and am in the process of begging him to make another like it! Also, "Hello" from a fellow East Tennesseean!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks and Greetings to you,
Glad to see another Tennessean has discovered the lounge.
I am glad you like my hat and I am flattered that you like it well enough to want one like it. I am sure Art can fix you up with what you are looking for.

Regards,
J.S.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice, undertaker. Have you posted pictures of your first Art hat? I'd like to see it too if you will direct me to them.

Thanks.
Bob

Mustang

One of the Regulars
Great looking hat, and, even more important: It looks great on you! As great as the hat looks though, I imagine (out of necessity, since I don't have one of his hats yet) the fit must be incredible. I can't wait to get one...or two ;) :D

Speaking of "Work of Art", that would have been a cool name for Art's hat making business.:cool2: (I think the current name of his business is cool as well!)

pgoat

One Too Many
Very nice indeed; more or less the same color felt as my VS Cheyenne from a few years ago. These hats Art turns out are amazing.

pgoat

One Too Many
I believe mine was Art's 'natural beaver' - mind, it may be slightly different than the hat in this thread - tho they look identical to my eye.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
pgoat said:
I believe mine was Art's 'natural beaver' - mind, it may be slightly different than the hat in this thread - tho they look identical to my eye.
Is your's lightweight?
I only have one of Art's hats so far and it is lighter than anything I have ever touched, so if his Artlite's are even lighter then I can't even imagine it!

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks for bringing this thread back up Bob..Welcome to the Lounge.
Lamont, this is "Natural".. a medium brown and IC, the featherweight is only about 60% of the weight of your hat. Your hat started out at 4 oz. featherweight started out at 2.5 oz. I laso have some surpirses ready to unveil soon...gotta do SOMETHING different for the new year..hehehe

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
Oh no, not again!!:eusa_doh: :D Art, the last time you did this I whipped up enough money for a hat faster than I have ever saved money before. Did you have to mention this after I just went on an eBay spree? Don't you remember all my pesky PMs? Not to self: Quit spending money! :rolleyes: lol Well I'll be waiting for the unveiling...

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
undertaker said:
I ordered number three this evening. If I live to tell about it (the Mrs. doesn't know about it yet) I will post it when it arrives.

Regards,
J.S.
I have three VS hats and my Mrs. hasn't brought the boom down. Yet. I'm thinking really hard about number four though...Papa needs a porkpie...

pgoat

One Too Many
indycop said:
Is your's lightweight?
I only have one of At's hats so far and it is lighter than anything I have ever touched, so if his Artlite's are even lighter then I can't even imagine it!

No, I would call both my VSs fairly dense - but not in a bad way. I prefer thicker felt so I like it. But I may try an Artlite one day as I am more fond of felt than straw, and I find the thick felt too hot when the temps climb over 65 degrees.

pgoat

One Too Many
don't go changin'...to try an' please us

Art Fawcett said:
Thanks for bringing this thread back up Bob..Welcome to the Lounge.
Lamont, this is "Natural".. a medium brown and IC, the featherweight is only about 60% of the weight of your hat. Your hat started out at 4 oz. featherweight started out at 2.5 oz. I laso have some surpirses ready to unveil soon...gotta do SOMETHING different for the new year..hehehe

we love you just the way you are, Art!:D

Seriously, tho, looking forward to your new ideas, and I'm sure they'll continue in the fine tradition of quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn