Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My neat find for the day

Matt Noir

One of the Regulars
Good Sunday, all. Well, I made my first Bakelite purchase today. Was lucky enough to get a last minute (and I was the only one) bid on an item I was watching in eBay.

I won a Dux Episkop Bakelite projector in working condition in the original box. It is basically a kid's projector from what I understand - you place it on top of a photo and it projects the image of the photo.

ad5d_12_sb.jpg

af09_12_s.jpg

afa6_12_s.jpg

b123_12_s.jpg

b1cd_12_s.jpg

Just thought I would share.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Regards,

Matt

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congratulations on your find, Matt. That looks really interesting.

I had a "neat find for the day" myself:

Some of you folks who are really into the 50's and 60's might like this. I "re-discovered" this old picnic set this weekend while cleaning up my Dad's basement. I immediately remembered this from family picnics years ago. I especially have a distinct memory of my mother pouring tomato soup from this thermos and giving me a pimento cheese sandwich on a car trip along the Blue Ridge Parkway when I was about 5 or 6 years old.

The set is in great shape, with two thermos bottles that have a set of "nesting" cups inside the tops. The tin box fits between the two thermos bottles in the rubberized canvas carry case, and served to hold sandwiches, etc. Those were sure the days when we took "Sunday drives" along the Parkway in my Dad's big black Oldsmobile 98.

DSC02136.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24