Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My New 1926 Apartment

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ow, you're hurting me...

I do not want to know what you're paying! Since I'm in the Bay Area, everywhere else is cheaper...

That fire extinguisher belongs next to the stove... not in your cute alcove! Which is a good place for the phone, but many of my friends who have them use them as the "landing pad" to park the keys and purse etc., when first arriving home. Saves the lost keys anguish!

I am SO envious of the bathroom!!! Mine is in Early Drunken Contractor.

Josephine

One Too Many
Miss 1929 said:
That fire extinguisher belongs next to the stove...

I have one in the kitchen and then one right outside the kitchen. My FIL mounted one outside his kitchen as he said the first thing people do when they see a fire (most of the time) is run away from it.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
BegintheBeguine said:
Now, not to sound like a Granny Grunt, but please make sure you mount that fire extinguisher somewhere. Just yesterday I found out that if someone happens to bump it and it falls, it immediately acts like a missile in the apartment, taking out everything and everyone in its path. Yikes, like a bomb through Wile E. Coyote's gut.
Ashley

Hmmm, I've had one sitting in my hall for as long as I can remember & have turned it over several times (usually snagging the pin with my bathrobe), and nothing has ever happened. I even knocked it over today. [huh]

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the newest pics! I think I'm in love with your elevator as well; and your front door (I take it that was your front door) has a really spiffy peep-hole!;)

VictorAtomic

Familiar Face
Such beatiful homes, and I LOVE the bath rooms! Unfort. here in Los Angeles many of the 1920s apt. buildings are in bad shape or been majorly modernized. I could walk for days along Wilshire Blvd and around the area.

:eek:fftopic: (anyone here a historian of some sorts? My/Grandparents home is a 1908 estate in South Pasadena but the outside of the house is not typical... the only buildings similiar in style are the Castle Green in Pasadena or the late Ambassador Hotel minus the Spanish Tile, it has a copper roof. I can post some pics in the morning if anyone is curious to see)

-V

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Sweet Leilani said:
Just gorgeous! My mother lived in a similar building in the Germantown/Chestnut Hill area- yours wouldn't be in that neighborhood by chance?

That's exactly where it is. Mt. Airey. The apartment initials are "UG"

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
I'll have to ask her- she lived on Schoolhouse Lane. I used to drive into the city for work; sometimes through that neighborhood, but it's been a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy