Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My New Aero D1 Shearling Jacketm

Radz108

One of the Regulars
Got my Aero D1 jacket today from Thurston Bros. It was the size 38 Seal with Russet Vicenza trim featured on their stock page. The measurements looked like it a good fit for me. I was debating on getting another B3 (I have an Eastman Redskin B3 size 44 - too big or me now :( ) or an Anj 4. However, I wasn't keen on the bulkiness of these to heavy duty shearling jackets. Canadian winters can be brutal but if you drive everywhere, the bulkiness just gets in the way and also these jackets are just too hot to wear around inside (i.e.: malls, stores, office). I decided to try the D1 because of its thinner fleece and the styling (collar and shape) was like a trimmer little brother to the B3 with functional side pockets.

I don't have to tell you that Aero quality is superb. The stitching is as perfect as can be, the seal sheep skin is so dark that it seems black in certain lightings. The russet vicenza trim is a great contrast to the seal but still blends well with the jacket. The stitching was also in russet colour which added more pop to the design. The fleece is very soft. It's very different from my Redskin Eastman B3 which seems a bit harsher in texture to the Aero fleece. The thickness of the fleece is at least 1/2 inch from what I can tell and I feel with layering will be plenty warm for the upcoming Canadian winter.

The fit is neat and trim with room for layering and not bulky. I believe this is a great alternative to anyone wanting the B3 design but would like a trimmer/neater fitting jacket.

On to the pics:

Im going to really enjoy this winter!!!

Davy Crockett

A-List Customer
Lovely Jacket! Aero's B6 is also very nice, these shorter fleece jackets are certainly much more useable than the heavier B3's and Irvine's.

D

Stand By

One Too Many
That's one of the best D-1's I've ever seen! Great colours, leathers, the sheepskin is just fantastic and the cut is perfect for you.
Bravo! And it suits you well.
And thanks for posting with great photos!

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Got my Aero D1 jacket today from Thurston Bros. It was the size 38 Seal with Russet Vicenza trim featured on their stock page. The measurements looked like it a good fit for me. I was debating on getting another B3 (I have an Eastman Redskin B3 size 44 - too big or me now :( ) or an Anj 4. However, I wasn't keen on the bulkiness of these to heavy duty shearling jackets. Canadian winters can be brutal but if you drive everywhere, the bulkiness just gets in the way and also these jackets are just too hot to wear around inside (i.e.: malls, stores, office). I decided to try the D1 because of its thinner fleece and the styling (collar and shape) was like a trimmer little brother to the B3 with functional side pockets.

I don't have to tell you that Aero quality is superb. The stitching is as perfect as can be, the seal sheep skin is so dark that it seems black in certain lightings. The russet vicenza trim is a great contrast to the seal but still blends well with the jacket. The stitching was also in russet colour which added more pop to the design. The fleece is very soft. It's very different from my Redskin Eastman B3 which seems a bit harsher in texture to the Aero fleece. The thickness of the fleece is at least 1/2 inch from what I can tell and I feel with layering will be plenty warm for the upcoming Canadian winter.

The fit is neat and trim with room for layering and not bulky. I believe this is a great alternative to anyone wanting the B3 design but would like a trimmer/neater fitting jacket.

On to the pics:

I am jealous WOW great fit and look well done!!!

Im going to really enjoy this winter!!!

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thats a work of art! Definitely falls into the category of "I could never pull it off, but it looks great on you." I see that you reside in Canada -- perfect climate for that jacket. Stellar work Aero, and congrats Radz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran