Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new "Alexander leathers" Dakota in Black Goat

Charlie

Familiar Face
Hello

Let me introduce you to my new Alexander leathers Dakota in Black Goat, size 38 :

DSCN2927_zpsd8dc14f5.jpg

as you can see I like close fiting jackets !

DSCN2926_zps691a5d9c.jpg

I need a good hait cut !

DSCN2928_zps29a32af8.jpg

closed (YKK zipper)

DSCN2929_zps96fd4a5e.jpg

Quite a bargain for the price (with no customs charges as I live in France, in the EU !)

Thanks to Amanda !

Last edited:

Charlie

Familiar Face
I'm an "old guy" in the vintage things since I collected them since 2004.

Let me invited you to my "vintage room", I'm a straight razors fanatic (I only shave with "wedges" straight razors more than 150 years old), vintage cloths (leather jackets, hats, boots and so on and on), vintage watches (wrist or pocket, I own no quartz watch), very olds books (the oldest date from 1550) etc...I do no collect things that I can't use...

All this drives my wife crazy... ;-)) as you can imagine !

DSCN2938_zps568d08c9.jpg

DSCN2946_zps119af2a5.jpg

I have some repros leathers jackets : (aero, lost world, eastman...)

DSCN2950_zps919dda51.jpg

DSCN2952_zps86f9a595.jpg

DSCN2954_zps4bb46988.jpg

and a great deal of vintage ones (maybe 50 or so), so I can judge of the quality of my alexander jacket, which is excellent for the price !

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I would tend to agree. I love the russet goat of your one btw. I wonder if that's still in Aero's stock?

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
The russet leather or the jacket they had on their sales page? The jacket is long gone. The leather is their A-2 goat as far as I know.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I sold on the horse (bad fit) and kept the goat. It's breaking in nicely, though far from the patina you get with FQHH. Still, I think it has lots of character. I treated it twice with liberal amounts of Elephant Leather Preserver after being caught in the rain a few times and it has darkened a bit as a result. I like it even better now.

But let's not hi-jack the thread. This is by far the best jacket I have seen from AL so far.

Charlie

Familiar Face
By talking about an "air de famille" check this :

The man on the left
j6_zpse7772293.jpg

4%2520am%252008-05-2012%2520um%252013.19%2520%25233.jpg

DSCN2929_zps96fd4a5e.jpg

thanks for the comment about the fit, certainly due to my perfect body ! ;-))

As I wrote as I'm a "vintage size"'s guy between 38 and 40, I have found a lot of jackets for a song in the early days of Ebay back in 2004 ! I have stopped Ebaying jackets because I own to many, price is too hight for what I'm intresseting in now -rare birds-, and custom charges are too heavy from the united states as I live in France...

Last edited:

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Looks more like A-2 pockets to me, while our jackets have Hartmann style pockets with slightly bigger flaps.

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
I bought one in black goat a little while ago and it is a very nice hide and the jacket's a good fit in a HWM style. I bought another later in a different hide which was neither. But there you go. BTW VAT is payable within the EU and the last time I looked Scotland was still in the EU. So not sure I understand about you not paying it.

schitzo

Suspended
very nice fit my man. Looks a little tight around the top of the chest area at the front, but I'm sure the leather will settle down and loosen up a bit with wear - making this one just right on you.

Thanks for sharing!

Charlie

Familiar Face
Many thanks for the comment, what is really great with goatskin is that the hide is supple and elastic, unlike the stiff cardboard horsehide, so the jacket looks allready fine, there is no "breaking in" that is needed !

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Congratulations on your new jacket. Looks very good on you. You've got an impressive collection of jackets and vintage parafernalia.. I am not a collector myself but I can see why one is..

I ordered the Dakota myself in Seal-Goatskin.. It should come in this week. Hope it fits like yours does to you..

Metatron

One Too Many
Very nice indeed! Did you specify that you wanted a slim fit?
Seeing as you have jackets from all these different makers, would you say that there are any 'highlights' in your collection? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic