Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Buzz Rickson L2-A

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is the first time I've ever been tempted by a military jacket of any type.

Damn! I hope you haven't opened THAT can of worms for me as well lol

Stand By

One Too Many
This is the first time I've ever been tempted by a military jacket of any type.

Damn! I hope you haven't opened THAT can of worms for me as well lol

Well, I must say in all honesty that either an L2 or L2-A would make the perfect choice for you, considering the milder Aussie climate …
Oh. Is that not helping your resistance here?
;-)

bn1966

The jacket looks great on you 'Stand By', I'm glad it's appreciated by your significant other...always makes things easier Thanks for posting, what you really need now is a nice N-3A for your Canadian artic weather, started out L2B this week and ended up in the Heavy Zone. Back to your L2A, that blue is stunning & makes a change from sage.

Edward

Bartender
Does anyone do a nice repro of the N2 and N3 jackets? I'm always keeping an eye out on originals, especially an N2A, but I'd be very happy with a good repro.

Stand By

One Too Many
The jacket looks great on you 'Stand By', I'm glad it's appreciated by your significant other...always makes things easier  Thanks for posting, what you really need now is a nice N-3A for your Canadian artic weather, started out L2B this week and ended up in the Heavy Zone. Back to your L2A, that blue is stunning & makes a change from sage.

Thanks BN - and thanks to each of you for all the kind comments, guys!
Yes, now I can appreciate nylon again, I think a nice N3-A would be great and I'm hunting for one. After last Winter (which was nothing less than brutal), in case we have another one like that (and we're forecast to), I was thinking that I'd like an N3 to go over my ELC RW B-6 - and it'd be nice to have a longer coat that keeps my butt warmer than the B-3 or Irvin can !
I'd been thinking solely about a good vintage N3-B but then I saw your N3-A and I loved that blue (very SAC, as pointed out) - and my conscience prefers the artificial ruff. So I'll keep looking … will let you know if I find anything!

Edward

Bartender
Buzz Rickson makes a nice N2A and in the same blue as my L2A - it looks fantastic in these photos:
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/yamamotojp/14101035/
Of course, it won't come cheaply … but there it is.

ohhh! Eastman's imports o nly seem to scratch the surface with Buzz. Wonder what these cost? B15 Buzz money? I'vd been looking at originals, all seem to be around GBP250 in my size (I think xl). Most badly affected by uv fade though.

Stand By

One Too Many
But I think it's a question of supply and demand. As Edward points out, it's finding all of the products in the range that's available. I had a look on HPA and the N2-A isn't there either.
So if it's a new N2-A someone's after and in that blue and by Buzz Rickson, it's what you'd have to pay to get one, I would have thought …?

Blackadder

I know what you mean but we were discussing that despite the low yen, there is still the custom duty, VAT and handling fees which have to be added to the price. I was surprised by the total amount. There is an obvious reason why Buzz Europe still have business despite the mark-up.

Last edited:

Stand By

One Too Many
Indeed. I do consider them to be cost-prohibitive as a rule (and I had to factor in the US/Canadian dollar exchange rate too - add another 10%)… but when they have that one certain style you want, and you only want one, one time (observing the "Buy Cheap: Buy Twice" rule) and you want it right, they are worth shelling out for.
And selling stuff on eBay to make the funds available helps!

Blackadder

I have always wanted an N-2 but find the Japanese repros quite expensive compared to their heavy cloth jackets. I can almost get one of their leather jackets with that price. In fact Buzz B-2 costs 118000yen which comes to around GBP650. I almost ordered an Alpha but the local distributor never got back to me after asking me to leave my phone number.

ronbo

Familiar Face
Bravo!! That's a BEAUTY!! I was lucky to find a Buzz B-15C (Blue) from HPA in a size 48 a few years back and it is THE best Jacket I have ever owned!! That material is tough as nails. Congrats -Ronbo

bn1966

Wow! A Buzz B-15C in Blue in a large size...great score I'd love one

ronbo

Familiar Face
Thanks. The lady at HPA told me I "made her day" when I bought it lol. I think it might have been a special order that never got picked up. Cheers -Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran