Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new DM Akubra Adventurer, opinions please

ninman

One of the Regulars
So here are some pictures of my new DM Akubra Adventurer with a Raiders style bash in it. Note, I didn't put the turn in it because I found that a little uncomfortable, but I've tried to get the general shape to match up. Let me know what you think.

20160420_221043_resized.jpg 20160420_220724_resized.jpg 20160420_221024_resized.jpg 20160420_221103_resized.jpg

ninman

One of the Regulars
Thank you. Interestingly I get a lot of comments about it, because where I live people don't wear hats. This guy at work said it doesn't look like Indiana Jones' hat because it's not distressed enough.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Thank you. Interestingly I get a lot of comments about it, because where I live people don't wear hats. This guy at work said it doesn't look like Indiana Jones' hat because it's not distressed enough.
Doesn't need to be distressed. You'll break it in and make it your own by tweaking the brim and crease n pinch if you want. Great color too. Enjoy it.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Looks good. What are the dimensions on that? And in most of the pics it looks dark brown, but in the mirror head shot it appears more charcoal gray -- is it a dark brown with undertones of gray?

ninman

One of the Regulars
Looks good. What are the dimensions on that? And in most of the pics it looks dark brown, but in the mirror head shot it appears more charcoal gray -- is it a dark brown with undertones of gray?

So the front pinch is about 4.5" tall, the rear pinch is around 4". Unbashed it's about 5.5". The two side dents are around 4" wide. One dent is slightly bigger than the other, but that's just because I did it by hand, although obviously I got them as close as I could.

I'm not sure about the colour. According to David Morgan's website it's dark brown, but I'm quite colour blind so to me it looks a little green. The difference in the pictures is because the one in the mirror was under a more natural light, but the others were your standard neon lights.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
So the front pinch is about 4.5" tall, the rear pinch is around 4". Unbashed it's about 5.5". The two side dents are around 4" wide. One dent is slightly bigger than the other, but that's just because I did it by hand, although obviously I got them as close as I could.

I'm not sure about the colour. According to David Morgan's website it's dark brown, but I'm quite colour blind so to me it looks a little green. The difference in the pictures is because the one in the mirror was under a more natural light, but the others were your standard neon lights.
Since I wrote to you I looked on DM's site. The brim, they say, is dimensional: 3 1/8" front and back, and 2 3/4" on the sides.

ninman

One of the Regulars
Since I wrote to you I looked on DM's site. The brim, they say, is dimensional: 3 1/8" front and back, and 2 3/4" on the sides.

Yes it is. I would say the brim is very similar to the Raiders brim, at least in my opinion. On the website the pictures show the rear brim really drooping down quite a bit, but on my hat at least it's actually flat and the front brim droops down the way. When you wear it you can really see the brim shape from Raiders. If I'd put the turn in it and the upward swoop then I think it would look almost identical to the Raiders hat.

H Weinstein

One of the Regulars
Nice job! The Adventurer brim is a little wider all around than the actual Indy hats, but that in no way detracts from how good it looks -- and it does offer a little more sun protection as a bonus. Have fun wearing it :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy