Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new EXTREME cold weather Swedish army leather overcoat

ukali1066

Practically Family
Hi chaps,

I won this recently for the winter, it's a Swedish military double breasted overcoat with fur collar [ feels like Mouton ]
It's blanket lined and the leather is the heaviest I've ever seen on a coat...indestructable !
It's big enough to wear over 3 layers including my Swedish wool tunic seen here.
It's in perfect condition too, looks hardly worn at all, I gave it some Pecards and it's ready for action [ slow....plodding action ]

I won't be cold this winter :)

The company who made it still make leather goods in Sweden and have been since 1936, I don't know how old my example is

I really like the style, very Von Richthofen with the fur collar

swed2.jpg

swed4.jpg

swed.jpg

swed3.jpg

P1010060.jpg

P1010056.jpg

P1010054.jpg

P1010057.jpg

P1010059.jpg

kowalski

Practically Family
łoł!! max oldschol , hard rock jacket , weeery nice ,, interesting of which is made collar?, has a nice fur ,must be robust, Sweden is a cold country

Last edited:

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I bought a similar one back in September. It's in Maryland and I'm in Halifax so I won't see it in person for another couple of weeks. Looks about the same other than the collar material.

B2LcTZwEGkKGrHqEOKnIE399ZHleBMhf0hg0_3.jpg

B2LcTLwEGkKGrHqEOKi8EBEKGK2cBMhfJglQ0_3.jpg

B2LcSvQCWkKGrHqMOKkEENzLymzBMhdcVt0_3.jpg

B2LcSuwCWkKGrHqUOKjcEeRCTUFBMhdhvmg0_3.jpg

B2LcSPQCGkKGrHqQOKjoEOWYcQTyBMhbuZ2Q0_3.jpg

ukali1066

Practically Family
Cheers guys :)

Dinerman...yep that's the same spec, I've seen another type of collar wool which is curly too, I thought these would be very hard to find in the U.S. ?

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
It's the only one I've seen in the states. No interest on ebay on mine, got it for $15.
I have to say, your collar looks a lot better. Much more refined.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Wow, I envy you for that jacket. It looks so warm and appears to be very well made! The oversized black mouton collar is also a very cool feature. Along with your impressive homegrown all natural ruff ;) you really shouldn't fear arctic winters... It would take me approx. 170 years to grow such a dense beard...mine always looks like a rag rug with bald spots everywhere.:p

JanSolo

Practically Family
It's strange how a beard can have a will of its own. Many beards choose to have a distinct russet undertone and don't mind the hair colour, skin type or eye colour of their host. My beard has exactly the same colour as yours...
BTW: How much have you paid for that beautiful coat? Did you explicitely search for that type of issue coat?

ukali1066

Practically Family
Very true, my dad had jet black hair [ when he was younger and actually had some ] but his beard was reddish too...must be all the Anglo Saxons and Vikings in our genepool..
I paid 50 pounds for my coat, and I lost out on a smaller one with the curly fur collar by 2 pounds !!! Was unhappy for the rest of that day....
I did specifically want one of these having seen one posted by a member here who couldn't identify it....

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Right....first off, Ahoy an' 'ello :)
I was given a link t' this fantastic forum by a fellow swab, in the hope that ye alls can help me wi' an ID o' a jacket I was given some time back.
I don't want t' come o'er as 'just another idiot' lookin' t' rape this forum o' infomation fer his own gains an' then disappear into the cyber background......But I've hit a research wall an' have been pointed in yer direction by well meanin' people who have quoted ye all as bein' 'THE BEST'..... :)
So here goes:
I was given this fantastic Jacket an' was told that it was WW2 or WW1.....bein' that my main dress attire be 'Pirate'....this is a little out o' my field o' knowledge , so unsure as t' it's origins I've Posted here fer help.
It is made from very stiff leather that seems t' soften the more ye wears it. It is lined wi' a very scratchy (on skin) blanket material o' grey/blue colour an' there ain't a label in sight!..d'oh.
Some have said German tank com'dr.....some ww1 trench coat....personally I'm thinkin' more 'British Air Corps'.
Any ideas? do ye have any photo's or research that I can p'roose t' find the provenance an' use o' this fine coat? Here be some photies..
Front open..
Jacketfront1.jpg

Front closed...
Jacketfrontclosed2.jpg

Back..
Jacketrear.jpg

Inside..
Jacketinside.jpg

Any help would be a godsend.....Thank 'e in advance.
(BTW...yes I do write in 'Pirate speak'...After 10 years o' bein' a pirate re-enactor....it does kinda get under yer skin.....lol)
All the best.
Jacob.

Is this the other thread? Looks like there's a subtle difference in the design. Though it could just be a trick of the light or a wrinkle, it looks like it has a two piece yoke. The blue lining on yous also seems to be a bit different from the norm- a bit less austere.

Last edited:

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
The Swedes made some nice leather jackets

Here's another shot of a similar jacket you posted before, but worth reposting.
leather-1.jpg

I'm a fan of this design, too.
Swedelk007.jpg

Swedelk002.jpg

Swedelk003.jpg

Or a variation on that, also owned by John Lever
IMGP0989.jpg

IMGP0991.jpg

Last edited:

ukali1066

Practically Family
Yep Dinerman, that's the pirate fella who first got me looking.....I actually prefer the rougher fur and oatmeal coloured lining myself

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo