Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Indy Magnoli Gittes suit!

WH1

Practically Family
Creeping Past said:
You've a nicely-fitting suit there and you look good in it.

May I ask, is it lined or unlined?

It is lined.

I wore this suit several times over the last couple of weeks and I was surprised that it didn't need to be pressed after each wearing due to it being a linen blend. Also the detail work is excellent I especially like the surgeons cuffs. In Saks 5th Ave. one of the salesmen gave me a bad time because I didn't have one button undone!lol He felt I should be flaunting that feature.

I am highly pleased with this suit and recommend Indy highly, with the caveat that you have the measurements taken per the websites detailed instructions and done by a professional.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
WH1 said:
Price was $585.00 US and it was well worth it.

The Magnoli site says a price of $450 US plus $75 for the waistcoat. Is the remainder shipping and/or taxes?

I am very interested in ordering from them, so I'm keenly listening to the advice re measurements.

So far what I'm seeing and hearing is very positive!

WH1

Practically Family
MisterCairo said:
The Magnoli site says a price of $450 US plus $75 for the waistcoat. Is the remainder shipping and/or taxes?

My mistake, your figures are correct, I also ordered a tie at the same time which was $60. The total for the suit with vest was $525. Sorry for any confusion.

The tie is excellent by the way.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I don't know the reason, but from pictures at least, many of the Magnoli suits have that flat slender look to the lapels. It could be that they are not canvassed, which is what gives them the body that allows that classic rolled look.

NewVintage

New in Town
well i though it was just shier wideness. look at some old suit pix and the distance 2 the shoulder isnt right at all. i think his supplier whoever it is is really shortcutting. looks like standard asian tailoring lapel no offence to them but they r smaller ppl in general

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo