Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Panama Optimo

dlgilbert

New in Town
I just got my Panama Optimo in the mail last week. I was kind of hesitant to get an Optimo-style hat because I wasn't sure how it would look on me and you don't see the Optimo style around much, but after getting it, I'm delighted with it. I love the look and it feels great on my head.

optimo01.jpg

optimo02.jpg

riccardo

Practically Family
Beautiful hat.

Hi Digilbert,
i have received my hat from Panama Hats Direct the last week...i choose the fedora 1 super fino grade...it is a very beautiful hat,your optimo is great and i think that my next panama will be an optimo.
How look it, for rollable i say, have you tried to roll it up?

Best regards.
Riccardo

dlgilbert

New in Town
It's still a very nice hat that I'm more than happy with. :)

Riccardo,
I didn't get a roll-up hat. This one is finished and has a leather sweatband.

Cheers!

riccardo

Practically Family
My next panama hat.

Hi Bob,
i will buy my next panama hat from your site...i am courius to see the differences between my hat and yours...at the same price...

I see that you are very jelous about it, you look very sure about your goods...ok...my next hat will be from your site.

But my panama hat(this one) is very beautiful, and you have to believe in it!!

I'm a salesman, and you speak like one of them (one of our)...and not like a volunter...like anyone how want to "keep the weaver weave..." and only this...but it is normal...!

Every morning i wake up to sell anything to anyone...it's my life.
...we all speak the same languages...dear Bob...to sell is my job...and maybe...yours too!

Best regards, see you!

Riccardo

gcollins

One of the Regulars
Bob, crawl back under the rock. Stop knocking other vendors. Focus on learning how to do business for yourself and not in relation to others. People like to buy from vendors who are not a-holes and don't try to bring others' products down.

I thought you were kicked off FL?

In Christ's great loving arms,
G

BD Jones

One of the Regulars
Dlgilbert, that is a nice looking hat. Wear it in good health. I too have a panama from Panama Hats Direct. It is a great hat and is exactly what I was expecting. Mine is a fino and is supposed to be between 350 and 400 WPI (according to Casey's website), but is closer to a super fino at 500 WPI. It is a very good hat. I wear it all the time in the summer. I'd like to get another on from Casey, but money is a little tight right now.

Panamabob said:
You don't see any other Montecristi vendor getting on here and denying what I say.

We also don't see any other Montecristi vendors getting on here and talking bad about other vendors (even if you claim it is the truth). Funny, Charlie/GH was banned (and rightfully so) for the same things that you do. The difference, in my opinion, is in the approach. He came in and lashed out at everyone all at once and without provocation. You on the other lash out only when someone doesn't buy one of your hats and without provocation. Oh yeah, you also like to point out other vendors who sell what you might call and "inferior" hat. Sounds like a different shade of Charlie to me.

dlgilbert

New in Town
Thanks, BD! I love it. :)

I'm eyeing up another as well, but I currently already have 2 and self-imposed budgetary considerations prevent me from splurging yet again. ;-)

Cheers!

BD Jones

One of the Regulars
Panamabob said:
Let the GH Sterling Beaver Gang Up commence.

I am not putting down other vendor's products. I am telling the truth that they are lying about their product. The Montecristi hat is a wonderful thing. No need to lie about it. A fino fino doesn't have 900-1000 weaves per square inch and that is a fact.

If they have a true fino fino, let them sell away, but don't call something that isn't a fino fino fino fino.
Bob, this is not a "GH Sterling Beaver Gang Up" as I no longer post over there. For me it is a "Call them as I see them" post.

Since you mentioned "true fino fino", can you direct me to an official, regulating body or organization that sets the criteria for Montecristi hats? I've looked and asked others and cannot find one. Since you seem to know for a FACT what a fino fino should be, maybe you please direct me to the official regulations for this. This would also be great information to have posted here for everyone to benefit from.

BTW Bob, this quote is the "unedited" form of your last post. Please don't pull the same things you did over at the SBS. When you post something, stand by it; don't edit it later.

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
I was trying to take your advice and thought my words needed editing. There are editing buttons for reasons, no?

There is no sanctioned body. I'll get some video or film as soon as I can explaining what a superfino is and with examples. I left a videocamera in Ecuador this time so it will be easy to do. I guarantee that the true fino fino will have at least 1300-1400 weaves per and some get close to 2000 wpsi.

I'll have to have you take the word of the Montubios over mine. I'll admit if I'm wrong. I'm sure there are at least a few here who speak Spanish, so we'll have to get several different interpretations so that we can come to a consensus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR