Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new RMNZ Dubow

greyhound68

A-List Customer
Thought I would post some pics of my new (at least new to me) RMNZ Dubow. It is made of the same lot of horsehide leather used in the Band of Brothers series. It is wonderfully broke it and has the real "been there" look. Enjoy.
dubow.jpg

a6_3.jpg

fc_3.jpg

Feraud

Bartender
That is a great looking jacket. How do you know it is from the same lot of hides used in BOB? Did you buy the jacket used and it was made at the time of production?
Just curious. Thanks.

greyhound68

A-List Customer
Feraud said:
That is a great looking jacket. How do you know it is from the same lot of hides used in BOB? Did you buy the jacket used and it was made at the time of production?
Just curious. Thanks.

Bought it from a guy I know from NZ. He got the jacket made at RMNZ and asked for that leather. I know two other follows who got jackets from the wardrobe and the leather is the same type. Great leather almost like an original.

Marv

A-List Customer
Sizing

Hey GH, swish looking jacket....quick question about the size, the jacket is a 46 now would that be a true representation to what I would expect in UK sizing or different like your US sizing.
The reason I ask is that I may also purchase a RMNZ A2 in hh and was looking for some insight into their sizing, any info would be great.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
RMNZ Dubow is the bee's knees in A2's...

Here's a pic of mine (try to ignore the pose!!). Although this is RMJ (Japanese market) made for one of the executives of Band of Brothers TV mini series. I cannot praise it enough, and the label is spot on!! (I like the small details, when they get them right). Enjoy it, you have a beaut there.

PaddywithB17andA2.jpg

grant

Familiar Face
Geroge and Paddy,
I guess the three of us make for a true band of brothers. Attached is a photo of my Roughwear which was surplus wardrobe from the series returned to RMNZ after shooting was completed. Grant
RMNZRW44.jpg

greyhound68

A-List Customer
Marv said:
Hey GH, swish looking jacket....quick question about the size, the jacket is a 46 now would that be a true representation to what I would expect in UK sizing or different like your US sizing.
The reason I ask is that I may also purchase a RMNZ A2 in hh and was looking for some insight into their sizing, any info would be great.
This is US sizing. But you have to be real careful on RMNZ sizing. I wear a 42 R in ELC jackets and either a 42 or 44 in Aero (depending on the style of A2). RMNZ is a bit tricky. In their Monarch I take a 44 and their Roughwear Goatskin model a 44. I could have probably got away with a 44 in this Dubow as it fits a bit more roomy (a lot like my 42 ELC does). Hope this helps. I would contact them and work with them on the sizing they are real helpful.

greyhound68

A-List Customer
grant said:
Geroge and Paddy,
I guess the three of us make for a true band of brothers. Attached is a photo of my Roughwear which was surplus wardrobe from the series returned to RMNZ after shooting was completed. Grant
RMNZRW44.jpg

Man Grant if I did not have your former russet goatskin RW I would try and squeeze into this one. Hey is the 44 I got bigger than this 44? Just wondering?
George

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
That Dubow...

...is a stunner. Great hide. If I'm in a position to order anohther jacket it will be from RMNZ without a doubt. I've now had a small but very telling customer service experience with Paddy there that is just stellar. If they handle everything the way the handled my small purchase, I'm sending them money as soon as I'm able.

grant

Familiar Face
Hi George,
Even though my RW is tagged a sz. 44 it's about an inch shorter in the torso and 3/4" inch trimmer in the chest than a standard sz. 44 from RMNZ. I asked Paddy about the size difference when I recieved your russset goat RW and she thought my jacket might have originally been intended for the Japan market before it was sent off to the BoB production. Since the RW pattern, with the highter arm holes, fits a little trimmer in the chest this jacket fits me fine.
Grant

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael