Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new (used) Stetson 3Xbeaver cowboy hat.

riccardo

Practically Family
Hi to all,
here I'm I in my Stetson cowboy hat.
I won it on ebay, it an inexpensive nor vintage hat,it'really a stiff felt, 3X Beaver.
But I really like it. I'm enjoing it during this week-end.
It isn't a bad item for only 15,99 Euro + shipping.
Take a look:

Immagine021.jpg

Best regards.
Riccardo.

WEEGEE

Practically Family
LOOKING GOOD

riccardo,

You look good in the (new/old) stetson. I think its the first time i

remember seeing your mug on the screen. You would look great in a

bowler or homborg as well.:cheers1:

The cowboy!

Hi Rick!

Nice hat, I am sure you'll be enjoying it for years to come. Now over time it may soften up a bit, and you also have the option to change the curl of the brim, and the way the crown is set up. According to the rule of Western Movies: remember if it is a light colored hat you are a good guy, black hats are the bad guys.

Will it be a dress hat or a work hat or just an outdoors hat?

Ride'em cowboy & yipee-kiy-yaaaa.

The Credo of J.B. Books from "The Shootist" with John Wayne as J.B. Books.

?¢‚Ǩ?ìI won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I expect the same from them.?¢‚Ǩ?

Sincerely,

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Are you thinking of rebashing it as a fedora, as so many hee have done, or do you prefer the cowboy style?

I always imagined you to be a university student, mainly bacause of your choice of avatar. So now I have to ask, why Schopenhauer? And I also have to ask: Are you able to photoshop that hat onto Schopenhauer's head? That would be one rad avatar.

Nice hat.

:cheers1:

riccardo

Practically Family
Hey guys.

Hi to all,
many thanks for yours nice words.

Weegee nice avatar! My mellon into an homburg?...I'll think about this opportunities.

It's only for my outdoor days...here cowboy look are more inusual!

Why Schopenhauer it's too long to tell for my poor english...simply: I like it, his ideas (not all his ideas).I'm not able to photoshop the hat on Schpenhauer.

I don't rebash it, I want lt in this shape.

Dave Keith: many thanks for your word, I've have,also, a great vintage Open Road 7X....great hat, one of my favourite.

Many thanks to all,friends.

Take care.

Sincerely.
Riccardo.

Uncle Vern

One of the Regulars
Nice Stetson, and you look good in it. Might be a Stetson "Range, " or a "Valley " hat.The brim has a "Businessman's" block. You look like you just left a West Texas bank after successfully borrowing a lot of money.
You might keep an eye on eBay for either a Stetson Rancher or a Resistol Cattleman. They're more or less identical, and made in the same factory. They both have 5-inch-plus crowns and 4-inch brims. Vintage versions pop up on eBay all the time. Given the shape and size of your face, you'd like good in one of those hats with the brim trimmed to 3.5 inches. Then steam the brim down in front, just a little. it's called a "mule Kick." It's the hat you'd wear after you borrowed all that money from the bank and then disappeared with it into the canyons of northern Mexico.

Bart

Familiar Face
To Riccardo & John of Covina

Yes, Yes...thanks John for your encouraging post...Riccardo wear it in good health in USA or Italy or elsewhere....Good luck and good health to you both.:cheers1:

riccardo

Practically Family
More advices pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Hi to all,my friends,
I'm very proud for your replies.
Now you've seen my round face and my hat, I'm waiting for other your advice I could rebash my hat's crown and trim the brims...ok!
May you post any example pics?
I could vote for your ideas, and then I could post my new(used) hat in your adviced choice.

Many thanks.
Riccardo.

Choice of style for your face / head.

Hi Rick!

Miller's hats has a tutorial on matching your face and head shape to a proper hat. Try here:

http://www.millerhats.com/hatcare_index/hatfaces.html

Are you related to Ignazio Lacina? He was one of the language teachers and vice pricipal at Copiague Junior High School in Copiague, Long Island, New York 1970 on. I took 2nd year German in his class. You remind me of him a lot.

Best wishes,

riccardo

Practically Family
Hi John,
no, I'm not related with him.
Thanks for the link, what kind of face is mine...the first,Ithink. Isn't so?
Many thanks....you had a great beautiful teacher!!!:cheers1:
Riccardo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot