Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Newest Hat!!

deelovely

Practically Family
Since the Akubra Stylemaster is enroute and to be my birthday gift, I had decided that after it, I cannot spend money on any more hats for myself for a while.:rolleyes: However, one of our fellow lounge members (Jeboat:) :) :) ) contacted me last week and has oh so graciously sent me this Akubra Leisure Time! It arrived yesterday and is so lovely! It fits perfectly and when I am wearing it, it makes me want to take off outside on an adventure! I feel like I should be going on some kind of expedition or safari!lol lol I will definitely enjoy this one on many outings to come. Thanks again Jim!:D

PB040044.jpg

PB040042.jpg

PB040039-1.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
deelovely said:
It fits perfectly and when I am wearing it, it makes me want to take off outside on an adventure!

The yard needs mowing!!lol lol :eek: :rolleyes:
Nice hat though!! And nice of jeboat!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
I think a ribbon like the one from Todds costumes would look nice on that hat!!!

Lorne

One of the Regulars
Nice...

I would express more fully how I think you look in your hat, but my wife is cleaning her Remington 870 as I write this...

Lorne D. Gilsig

Barb

One of the Regulars
Very stylish

Looks great on you.

deelovely said:
Since the Akubra Stylemaster is enroute and to be my birthday gift, I had decided that after it, I cannot spend money on any more hats for myself for a while.:rolleyes: However, one of our fellow lounge members (Jeboat:) :) :) ) contacted me last week and has oh so graciously sent me this Akubra Leisure Time! It arrived yesterday and is so lovely! It fits perfectly and when I am wearing it, it makes me want to take off outside on an adventure! I feel like I should be going on some kind of expedition or safari!lol lol I will definitely enjoy this one on many outings to come. Thanks again Jim!:D

deelovely

Practically Family
Thanks everyone!! BUT.... I have decided, after looking closer at these pics and after someone pointing out to me, that the hat looks too big for me.:(
However, the fit of the band is in fact perfect. If it were any smaller it would be too tight on my head. So I know this is the correct size for me. It is also the same size as the Stylemaster that is on it's way... So, I am gonna have to work on this and see what I can do to make it look more the correct size for me! Also, when I have it on with my hair down, it already looks better... I will see what I can do and then post more pics to get ya'lls opinions!;)

AcridSaint

New in Town
Hi, you've got a great looking hat, perfect for a great looking lady!

I don't know much, so you can take my advice with a grain of salt, but the hat might slim down a bit if you put a tighter pinch on it. Nothing you can do about the brim if it's too wide, but I think the body will look a bit narrower for you if you bring that pinch in.

Anyways, it looks good even without any changes.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks good Dee and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I think a 3 inch to 4 inch brown ribbon will do the trick, plus a feather to offset the brim size and distract the eye upwards to balance out the height. A brown mottled turkey feather approximately 9 to 12 inches should do the trick - it will still look sharp, but not too odd with the clean lines of the hat as an ostrich feather might.

Let me know if you need a turkey feather, I can grab one from my stash for you.

Vintage Betty

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I have taken a closer look at the hat while on her head and it does indeed fit. It does the same thing my federation did until it shaped to my head. The sides do not touch the side of her head by a little bit. It seems just like my federation that the hat just fights the long oval shape of our heads. I think after sweating in it or wearing it in the rain a couple of times it will mold to her head shape.
I think Fatwoul had this same thing with his akubra and it worked itself out with wear.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
IC...I think you're right...My snowy river did the same...now it seems to just slide on like a glove. With Fats however, didn't his head grow to the size of the hat?...Or was that just another weird lounge dream?[huh]

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
IC...I think you're right...My snowy river did the same...now it seems to just slide on like a glove. With Fats however, didn't his head grow to the size of the hat?...Or was that just another weird lounge dream?[huh]
HAHAHA!!!!lol lol lol lol

deelovely

Practically Family
Ok, I played around with the hat some... wet it with distilled water and tightened the pinch some. I can tell that it fits better and I like the tighter pinch. What do ya'll think about how it looks now? Does it look like it is fitting me better? (although it did always fit, just the sides came out from my head just a tad and now they are closer in)
I ordered some brown ribbon from Todd's Costumes for it, because I am thinking that wider ribbons compliment me better. And I can have IC put the bow on the right side for a personalized femimine look!;)

PB070014.jpg

PB070005.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24