Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My poor boyfriend has a narrow head and looks weird in a fedora.

ledsled

One of the Regulars
And here's one out of left field...

Has your boyfriend ever tried a Doo Rag? OK, so it's not a "hat", but it does cover his head... so it's not completely off topic. I know zippo about what kind of hat fits what kind of face. All I know is my brother-in-law is similar to your boyfriend in being tall, slender, and having a somewhat narrow head/face (AND lives in Rhode Island!). He's usually a very conservative fellow (he's a professor who is mad with science). There's one game a year (I forget football or soccer.... whatever) that he and his students wear doo rags to. I don't know why, but he looks great in one. :rolleyes:

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Johnnysan said:
Good features...long, narrow face, strong chin, high forehead. I gotta believe that a Stratoliner or Dobbs Westward would look good on him. Especially with the right tilt on the brim AND that tie!

Do you have a crush on my boyfriend? Be honest ;)

Really though thanks for the help!

Miss_Bella_Hell

ledsled said:
Has your boyfriend ever tried a Doo Rag? OK, so it's not a "hat", but it does cover his head... so it's not completely off topic. I know zippo about what kind of hat fits what kind of face. All I know is my brother-in-law is similar to your boyfriend in being tall, slender, and having a somewhat narrow head/face (AND lives in Rhode Island!). He's usually a very conservative fellow (he's a professor who is mad with science). There's one game a year (I forget football or soccer.... whatever) that he and his students wear doo rags to. I don't know why, but he looks great in one. :rolleyes:

:eusa_doh: No do rags!!

Kilgour Trout

One of the Regulars
Swing Shift:

Hey Miss Bella: If you ever get to see the movie "Swing Shift" (with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russel) He wears a cream fedora with black ribbon as his daily lid. I think the style and colour could suit your guy. Soon as I saw your pic with him, I thought immediately of the movie (Which was just on here at home). Take a look and see what you think.

Just a suggestion.
Warm Regards
Kilgour Trout

ledsled

One of the Regulars
No means no

Miss_Bella_Hell said:
:eusa_doh: No do rags!!

So.... that's a definite, eh? ;) I have never stopped by Aaron's Store, but North Conway is a beautiful town and not that far of a ride for you.

Miss_Bella_Hell

ArrowCollarMan said:
His face doesn't look as strange as it sounded. Could you possibly produce pictures of him in a variety of hats?

Unfortunately I don't have the priveleges to post pictures since I am new. But his head isn't STRANGE! Gosh! It's just not wide.

rick5150

One of the Regulars
This time of year is a great time to stop at Aaron's. There is a ton of stuff to do and many great places to eat and stay overnight. I would suggest planning a ride to North Conway or even head to Lincoln/Franconia Notch area and cut across the Kankamangus Highway (Rte 112) to North Conway and make the hat shopping a secondary reason to go there. That way you will not be dissappointed by a 3-hour drive in both directions. If Aaron cannot help you out, no one can ;)

Miss_Bella_Hell

rick5150 said:
This time of year is a great time to stop at Aaron's. There is a ton of stuff to do and many great places to eat and stay overnight. I would suggest planning a ride to North Conway or even head to Lincoln/Franconia Notch area and cut across the Kankamangus Highway (Rte 112) to North Conway and make the hat shopping a secondary reason to go there. That way you will not be dissappointed by a 3-hour drive in both directions. If Aaron cannot help you out, no one can ;)

That's a great idea. We just had a 16-hour-round-trip-road-trip to Eastport, ME, so a 6-hour-round-trip isn't so bad!

ledsled

One of the Regulars
Take the tour...

Eat at Horsefeathers. It's right on the main street, across the green from the train station. I also highly recommend the Kangamangus Highway. It's not for everybody, but I think it's quite scenic. At night, near the highest elevation (at a parking area near Kangamangus pass), it has one of the darkest skies around. The stars jump out at you on a clear night! Be careful of moose near the areas that have water, though... you definitely don't want to hit one.

Dalexs

Practically Family
You might have him try on some wider brimmed hats as well.
I have a similar face shape and find that the narrow brims just don't look quite right.
(Note: My avatar brim is extra wide on purpose for weather protection!)
Also, color makes a big difference to. He may not look good in certain shades.

Speaking of Aaron's, anyone hear what happened to that new Stetson line he was getting?

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Boyfriend has since won the lottery, is no longer poor, and everyone agrees that both his hat and his head look just right. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy