Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Wedding Outfit & Other Questions

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Congratulations!

What a lovely suit--I'd leave the buttons alone too. I love the idea of incorporating holly (maybe varigated?). I've heard that the sap of poinsettias can stain fabric so I'd check on that before using those flowers.

I think a hat with netting along the edge would look pretty--one like Grace Kelly wore when she arrived in Monaco (but a 40's hat, not 50's). You'll look beautiful no matter what you wear--hope you'll post pictures!

GKhat.jpg

texasgirl

One Too Many
I've always liked the hat with veil that Jennifer Lopez wore in the Wedding Planner. The veil came around and hit just under her chin I think.
4839_36.jpg

4839_139.jpg

Also, check out the girl in the middle. I like the little hat she is wearing. This is from our reenacting event last weekend.
MasonCity-2007005.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
epr25 said:
I wasn't going to have a photgrapher but now I am kind of thinking about it. I would really like some good shots of the day.

Oh! Maybe not necissarily a pro, but please DO takes tons of pics! Jot down various poses that you'd like to get so you don't miss anything!

Great pics Texasgirl! The little girls are dressed to the 9s.
Nikki

dashiell

One of the Regulars
If you take a closer picture of the buttons (next to a size reference like a ruler or a quarter), I may be able to reasonably match them with buttons in better condition. I have jars and jars of buttons of all colors, sizes, and descriptions.

lonestarcasie

New in Town
I think a red hat would be gorgeous. Especially one with a nice wide brim. And a poinsetta bouquet would also be lovely. When my sister got married at Christmastime, I made her a silk flower bouquet. I took a large poinsetta and added more poinsetta petals around it to make an extra grand poinsetta. Then I bordered it with silk poinsetta leaves and added a few sprigs of christmas greenery. I tied a green grosgrain ribbon around the holder and let the ties hang down. The effect was like a saucer sized poinsetta with a bow. She loved it and now she uses it as her tree topper every year. And it was super easy to make.

leaette

A-List Customer
epr25 said:
I wasn't going to have a photgrapher but now I am kind of thinking about it. I would really like some good shots of the day.

i think you might be disappointed down the road if you don't have photos of your wedding. we don't look at our photos very often, but i'm glad we have them. and the once a year i pull them out, i'm glad i have them.

satindoll

New in Town
Congratulations!
Your suit and shoes are gorgeous and I have nothing to suggest for your outfit, since you've already got so many great suggestions.

One thing I do want to recommend is to get a photographer. My husband and I had a vintage Hawaiian themed wedding almost two years ago. Because it was a casual event, we just left it up to our friends to bring cameras and take pictures. Unfortunately we now have tons of great photos of the guests and the cake. Most of the ones of my husband and I were either taken from too far away or they were just plain unflattering shots.

I now wish I had hired a professional or at least a guest who was more proficient at photography so we would have at least one nice closeup of our wedding day.

I'm often tempted to get us both dressed up again in our wedding attire and go to a studio, so we'll have a wedding picture in our album to look at when we get old!!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mazel tov!

I say don't change the buttons (or if you do, keep them cream) as you will want to wear this suit again with other colors!

I also love the idea of seasonal flora like poinsettias (Buena Noches is what the call them in Mexico where they are from), holly, etc.
Yes, some sort of hat, a little veiled one is much easier on the photographers, and yes, please have a photographer! It is so nice to have pretty pictures for the years ahead.

Many happy wishes to the bride, and congratulations to the groom!

Kim_B

Practically Family
How did I miss this!?

First - CONGRATS! :)

Second - lovely...LOVELY suit. I agree about keeping the buttons the same color, and I love the idea of the poinsette and a simple flower in your hair. The red would look wonderful against your dark hair (I hope that doesn't sound too weird!)

Third - what I wouldn't give to have all my ducks in a row - I'd offer to photograph this in a heartbeat! But, it's been so long since I've done a wedding I'm a bit rusty. You have to have pictures though - we have to have something to drool over!! :)

epr25

Practically Family
Ok I found a hat. What do you ladies think of this compared to the suit and shoes. I am not really hip on the black. Maybe that could be changed?

hat1.jpg
[/IMG]

hat2.jpg
[/IMG]

hat3.jpg
[/IMG]

Josephine

One Too Many
epr25 said:
Ok I found a hat. What do you ladies think of this compared to the suit and shoes. I am not really hip on the black. Maybe that could be changed?

I would try it all one, but I think it would be very easy to change out the black veiling for an off white or white to match the dress. Nice hat!!

lonestarcasie

New in Town
epr25 said:

hat1.jpg
[/IMG]

hat2.jpg
[/IMG]

hat3.jpg
[/IMG]

I LOVE YOUR HAT. It seems like the netting might be pretty easy to get off, but I imagine it might not be as easy to get the right drape again if you put different on. Would you use red?

epr25

Practically Family
Hi there everyone. Well this is the week. We are leaving Thursday to go to Cleveland. The wedding is Saturday. This thing has taken on a life of it's own. I am stunned at how helpful and wonderful the people at the house are. They have talked to a florist that is donating my bouquet and some flowers, a baker that is donating a cake to us. And , this is so funny, there is a man that has the car from the movie that has agreed to let us take a ride being driven by a person in a pink bunny outfit. Can you believe that? I have to admit that I kind of fell bad for the bunny. But there is going to be newspaper coverage, the CBS station out of Cleveland will be there. This weekend I was contacted by the director of a documentry film on the director of the movie. They want to film the wedding and speak to us as well. I am so excited I can barley stand it!

I have added some photos. This hat was given to me by a lady that works at a local thrift shop. I am just not ti sure about it. Since we are going to be drawing allot of attention I guess i am paranoid. I am wearing the top of my suit (which is somewhere in this thread). What do you ladies think? To wear the hat or not?

texasgirl

One Too Many
Wow, that's so exciting! Can't wait to see all the pictures of the big day!!!

I can't see any new pictures of a hat though?!?!?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff