Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

N-2B jacket recommendation

mumpy

A-List Customer
Hi everyone,

I am starting to read about the N-2B and looking to buy one. I am open to both vintage and repro.
Any particular recommendations for vintage or repro makers?

Thanks!

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Depends on what you look for. There are plenty of later model with synthetic fur in the market. If you want one with real fur, you will probably have to go repro as the older originals are rare especially with intact fur. If you go for an original with synthetic fur, beware of the heavily washed ones cause the synthetic fur usually goes flat unless one washes with care.
Repro brands- Buzz Rickson, Real McCoy's, Alpha industries civilian. Buzz and RM use coyote fur like the older originals. I am not sure if Alpha still uses real fur. Around 6 or 7 years ago I saw an Alpha civilian N-2b with Raccoon fur at a local dealer but that one is an altered (slim) fit model.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Buzz Rickson's is the best one IMO but there are options at every budget.

I would search Japanese auctions/selling sites via Buyee to see what you can turn up.

Also I'll note that slim fit means a different thing to different makers. With many/most it does mean genuinely super-slim (which is a bit useless for a heavy duty winter jacket). When Buzz Rickson's says 'slim fit' on flight jackets, it just means that it's sized trimmer than the originals that were designed to be worn over a full flight suit) so I can still layer under it or cinch it closer.

mumpy

A-List Customer
Just an update, I ended up getting a Buzz Rickson's N-2A jacket from Japan. Amazing jacket, very well made. Size medium, fits perfect.

n-2a-front.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo