Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

N3B parka question.

matrioshka

One of the Regulars
I have a N3B parka, a fairly old one. I've had it for a few years, and it's in pretty decent shape, except for the fur trim on the hood. It's dried out and cracked in a couple of places.

Anyone ever replaced the trim on one of these? I know it probably isn't that cost effective, but I'm rather fond of the thing.

M

Wil Tam

Practically Family
post a picture please!

I haven't personally swapped out a fur trim on a hood ... the one extreme weather parka I own is a modern Columbia in navy & the hood's fur trim is removable ... which is desirable since I don't care much for it. But is still good to have stored in one of the deep inside pockets just in case I need to have to put it back on on those rare occasions to block the snow from hitting my eyes.

----------------
Now playing: Sam Cooke - Wonderful World
via FoxyTunes

matrioshka

One of the Regulars
The jacket in question.

I bought it ten years ago at the flea market. Best $10 I ever spent. I've used it enough. Slept in it a few times (passed out in it as well, but we won't get into that). It really needs to be dry cleaned again.

N3B-1.jpg

N3B-2.jpg

N3B-3.jpg

M

bobbyball

One of the Regulars
I would personally leave it as is. It will cost you a fair few pennies to get a replacement hood fur.

If you really want to go down that route, I would try and find a tatty parka and cull the hood fur from that. The fur doesn’t look too bad in the photos you posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn