Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Name this series set to the 20´s.

Chickpea

Familiar Face
I just cant remember the name of this television series, and it´s driving me mad. I really want to get hold of it on DVD.

I believe it was made late 80s-mid 90s. It´s set in England in the 20s and is about two sisters building up a sucessful fashion house. We follow them from the idea, their first customers, their struggle to build and maintain their reputation. I believe the series was called "Sisters *something*".

Anyone?

Chickpea

Familiar Face
I knew it! I just had to ask for it, and then the name came to me.

It´s called "House of Eliott". A brilliant series.

You can find it here

Chickpea

Familiar Face
There you go lol

I did search for it a lot of times, but seems like I´ve been using the wrong keywords all along[huh]

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
It was a great show, but IMHO it went downhill pretty rapidly. The second season sort of degenerated into soap opera. But the clothes were tres tres cool!

jonniangel

One of the Regulars
Yes, there were 3 and they're all available now on DVD. I watched only the first 2 and I agree, the first one was great, I couldn't get into the 2nd and didn't even know about the 3rd until recently.

But the clothes were all FABULOUS!!

The actress that played Evie is on CSI now, not that you'd be able to recognize her with the long blondish hair.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
"Is there nothing father wouldn't spend his money on but us?!"

Love the House of Eliott--such the soap opera but everything was so pretty!

Have you all seen the French and Saunders parody The House of Idiot? You can see some of the jokes coming but still silly fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sRToL_Cw-I

This links to the other portions of the parody as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael