Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Named hats...

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
Does anybody out there name their hats, like I do?

My gray fedora is Carla.

My orther gray in the box fedora is Betty.

My B! Wear Herringbone gray is Liz.

I have some more, but am I the only freak that does this?

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
No, there are more freaks out there than you think.

My Daddy named all his cars "Betsy." They were all named the same gal's name, not my mother's name, which is Ruth.

I am a namer, also and do name some of my hats, usually not all human names, although I do have a cowboy hat named "Gus." (That one is a no-brainer since it is a Stetson "Gus" western hat named after the Robert Duvall character in Lonesome Dove) I have a red cowboy hat I call "Jack" because it is made, believe it or not, by the Jack Daniels Company. I doubt they made it, does anyone know who makes their hats?

My off-white fedora is called "Creme de la Fedora" and my black VHS Bogart fedora is called "Bogie." I have one Champ fedora and one Knox; that is what I call them, though I add the word "the" to the mix. )Today I will wear the Champ to the office, tomorrow I will wear the Knox). I call my Navy blue fedora "Blue."

I have names for some of my caps; have named the B&W herringbone
B!Wear cap "Rocky," because it looks like the one Sly Stallone wore in Rocky IV -- a forgettable film, but a gorgeous cap he wore to the USSR. I may name the fuschia one after the man who gave it to me, "Roger" -- how is that for a cap name?

I may be a creative writer, but am hardly creative in my choice of names. Same with pet names, mostly others name my pets because, if left to me, I will have a dog name "Puppy," or "Spot," or something really creative.

karol

Mycroft

One Too Many
Biltmore Bob said:
My Biltmore Milan Weave fedora is Sybil. My dad named his cars Jezabel.

Does Sybil chage colors or sizes at random? ;) Anyhow, I am not to big of a namer, but is this popular. I have heard about cars, but nothing else. Though I name some of my posessions.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
I do it!

I go by color of the ribbon. Red is Scarlet, Blue is Betty, Burnt orange is Sally? Black is Raven, Dual colored is Sybil and on it goes!!

Sharpey. :cheers1:

Michaelson

One Too Many
I've only named cars or trucks. The 50 Plymouth has two official names...'Harvey' and 'The Locomotive'. When it doesn't start, it's called @#$&!!!! :rage: ;) Regards! Michaelson

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I do name my cars, also. I had a lovely '68 red and black Chevy Malibu when I was a young thing -- named it "Baby." I was so attached to the car, I could only sell it to my brother when I had to sell it (to move to NYC).

My father brought me a refurbished VW 1972 Beetle, which I drove for 8 years. Her name was Ugh-a-Bug.

Now I have a 2004 Saturn Ion that I have named Pepper because it is Chili Pepper Red.

All of my cars, by the way, were, or are, red.

See, Bob, we are not alone in the universe!

karol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo