Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need advice on overall appearance in suit

Levallois

Practically Family
Again, I very much appreciate all for the comments. I'll sort it all out and try again. I've never before spent this amount of time trying to match my clothing correctly. Now with this new "dressing nice" addiction I've had to learn about colors and patterns, etc. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

Mr. Chevalier's thread is very informative. Also, the stickies at the begining of the Suit topics that show catalogues of how men dressed in the 1930s-40s helps alot as well. Thank you!

John

Torpedo

One Too Many
Levallois said:
I've never before spent this amount of time trying to match my clothing correctly. Now with this new "dressing nice" addiction I've had to learn about colors and patterns, etc. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

That's true. In fact, my wife mocks at me when I sort through jackets, shirts, ties and hats... and, lately, pocket squares too, to prepare the next day's outfit.

There is another instructive thread you may want to revise:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=2108&highlight=putting+together

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
One of the best resources I've come across for learning to combine color & pattern correctly is Alan Flusser's "Dressing The Man". It is wort the investment. It can be had at your local Borders book store or even Amazon for that matter.
dressing-the-man.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats