Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need Feedback Please for Title of New Blog/Podcast Please

Which title sounds good to you?

• The Dandy Academic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Dandy Professor (FYI- Dandy Prof is being used.)

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • The Dapper Academic

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • The Dapper Professor

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Greetings -

I am asking for you to take a poll on a new blog & podcast I want to create in the Fall.

The content will have to do with classic menswear. My profession, besides writing, is teaching in higher education.

The options I have posted have not been used already with one exception but it hasn't been updated in a while.

I don't want to sound like I am teaching people about clothes (though that will happen) or that I am the "all & end all" in writing about menswear. Clothing is a passion, not my vocation. I teach communication.

If someone has another idea, please let me know.

THANKS!!!

Last edited:
I voted for "The Dapper Academic", and I'll tell you why. First, because the word "dandy" to me connotes a person who is overly concerned with his manner of dress to the point of being ostentatious, while "dapper" simply describes someone who dresses well. Second, because the word "Professor" sounds a little too "know it all" for my tastes, while "academic" connotes someone who likely knows a great deal but is themselves still learning--it's a little more accessible.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
I chose Dapper Professor as looking at your avatar I thought it suited you best......professors can have an eccentric side to them which I find more appealing than academics who tend to have dusty & serious conatations.

If you're looking for alternatives, how about 'sartorial sire' or ' Doctor Dapper' or the 'Dandy Doc' or 'Chic Sheridan' or 'The Naked sartorialist' or ...................

Last edited:
I voted for "The Dapper Academic", and I'll tell you why. First, because the word "dandy" to me connotes a person who is overly concerned with his manner of dress to the point of being ostentatious, while "dapper" simply describes someone who dresses well. Second, because the word "Professor" sounds a little too "know it all" for my tastes, while "academic" connotes someone who likely knows a great deal but is themselves still learning--it's a little more accessible.

+1 - well said and reasoned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy