Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need Help from the Men. What would you wear w/ this?

Kimberly

Practically Family
Hi gentlemen.

I was at Goodwill this morning and found a burberry blazer for $2.50 that my son is going to wear to a wedding. Sadly it wasn't a full suit, but I had to buy it because it was such a good price.

Do any of you have any suggestions on what color shirt, pants and tie I should buy to go with it. I am good at dressing myself, but don't know a thing about men's fashion except I like it when I see it. ;)

Thanks

burburrycoat.jpg

Closeup so you can see the color of the pinstripes

closeupburburry.jpg

I am assuming this is a recent label?

burberrylabel.jpg

dundeedavie

One of the Regulars
Kimberly said:
Hi gentlemen.

I was at Goodwill this morning and found a burberry blazer for $2.50 that my son is going to wear to a wedding. Sadly it wasn't a full suit, but I had to buy it because it was such a good price.

Do any of you have any suggestions on what color shirt, pants and tie I should buy to go with it. I am good at dressing myself, but don't know a thing about men's fashion except I like it when I see it. ;)

Thanks

burburrycoat.jpg

Closeup so you can see the color of the pinstripes

closeupburburry.jpg

I am assuming this is a recent label?

burberrylabel.jpg

i'd go for a nice flat fronted black trouser , white cutaway collar shirt(with double french cuff and nice cufflinks) with a black satin/silk shiny tie :)

Is the blazer grey?

Either light trousers or black trousers as suggested above. Brown might be okay. The shoe colour wil probably determine the trouser colour. If black, go with a dark grey shade or a black trouser. If brown shoes, brown trousers or blue would go nicely. Whatever you do, avoid trying to match the grey in the jacket with "matching trousers". It's so rare you'll find a good match that it's best to avoid even trying.

For a tie you might want to work with one of the pinstripe colours. Goodwill and such shops usually have a nice selection of ties.

If your son is particularly confident he may want to consider a pair of white or cream trousers with white shoes. A particularly "classic" spring/summer look.

bk

Mike K.

One Too Many
Kimberly said:
except I like it when I see it. ;)
Well, there you go! If it looks good, then it is good. As long as you don't try to match the trouser color to the jacket you'll be okay (if if wasn't a full suit, don't try to turn it into one). My computer monitor shows your photos as a blue-gray color. Personally, I'd go with a slightly lighter color than the jacket in gray, or with khaki or ivory/cream pants. As Baron mentioned, the ivory/cream pants with white bucks shoes is a very classic look with the darker odd jacket. It also happens to be the "it" look for this spring's mens fashion.

Kimberly

Practically Family
Yes the jacket is gray. I like the idea of black pants as they are the easiest to find. I will do some searching around and see what I can come up with. And yes my son is confident. He walks around the school in his Kangol hats and loves plaid sweaters and you have to be confident to wear those at the age of 14 and in high school. :D. I would love to see him in white pants and think that would look great.

Thanks guys

Kimberly

Practically Family
I consulted w/ him and he wants the cream pants. The jacket fits him perfectly and I am now concerned it won't fit him in two months the way he is growing. :eek:

He begged me to wear it tomorrow and I am going to let him add his own style which is with jeans and a t-shirt. :eusa_doh: ;)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Personally, I'd go with light grey slacks to pull out the light grey pinstripe in the jacket. The really nice thing about this one is that it will be really versatile. Nice find!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy