Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help with finding jacket

nihil

One of the Regulars
Hi :)

This is not something that I normally ask about, but I've hit a dead end after looking around for ages.
I'm in the need of a nice looking coat or jacket that can be worn together with a hat.
I've been looking around at local shops, at ebay, trying to Google, but to no avail.
My problem is that I'm both tall and slim of build, and would normally need something similar to medium-extra long. If the shoulder fit is correct, then I need 27" sleeves.
There seem to be catered little for people in this size, unless its sports and outdoors clothing I'm looking for.

What I would ideally find, is a thigh length, double breasted coat with some classic details, like false rear belt and two regular pockets. Not a pea coat with it's simple back design and hand warmer pockets. But after having been looking around for ages, I've become less picky.

I know that I can just go to a tailor and have a coat made, but it's much more expensive than I'm willing to spend for a piece of clothing I'm going to use everyday.

Any suggestions? :)

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I've scrubbed what I just wrote; I just realised you were not talking leather. I would have thought your size issue would be fairly common in your part of Europe where people are quite tall and thin.

Last edited:
If the design is not readily available in normal sizes then chances are you be hard pressed to find one that is tall specific. While you may continue looking for this but it sounds like you may have to have it made. Go to the various maker websites and see of you can find something close to what you want and then let them know what changes you'd like to have. Some of the makers have no problem with making custom items that are just a little bit different then one of their usual styles.

First thing is to find a picture of something close and post it here so others will see what you are looking for and then can reccomend. With a little luck when they see it they'll be able to point you straight to a maker and say ask for the "San Luis" model or something a long those lines...

nihil

One of the Regulars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner