Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NERD ALERT PART II

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Any comments on Monday's ep and the death of a 'hero'?

LOVED the painting of Hiro fighting a dinosaur. " I really need to find that sword."
sword.jpg

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This was a great episode. Unlike LOST, this show actually keeps building and building, with a real story unfolding. What I do NOT like (I actually loathe) is that AWFUL Nicki/ Jessica storyline. WHO CARES?? It's like those scenes are written by different writers, different BAD writers!

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
flat-top said:
This was a great episode. Unlike LOST, this show actually keeps building and building, with a real story unfolding. What I do NOT like (I actually loathe) is that AWFUL Nicki/ Jessica storyline. WHO CARES?? It's like those scenes are written by different writers, different BAD writers!

I have to agree. Ali Larter is very easy on th eyes & a fine performer BUT I'm just not sure I can handle the whole evil twin thing ESPECIALLY when its compounded by her husband & kid also having powers.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
flat-top said:

I'll agree that the Nicki/Jessica story line stinks. I particulary hate the contrivance of the reflection. Hey, I get it, the face in the mirror is the OTHER one. Boring. I don't think Ali Larter's doing much to help it though. There is not a lot of subtlety in the two performances she has to give.

But Flat-top, I have to disagree about Lost. I like Heroes, but Lost is much better richer and more interesting, especially the last six episodes.

But neither of them is in the same league as this masterpiece:

2490UN609034.jpg

flat-top

jake_fink said:
I'll agree that the Nicki/Jessica story line stinks. I particulary hate the contrivance of the reflection. Hey, I get it, the face in the mirror is the OTHER one. Boring. I don't think Ali Larter's doing much to help it though. There is not a lot of subtlety in the two performances she has to give.

But Flat-top, I have to disagree about Lost. I like Heroes, but Lost is much better richer and more interesting, especially the last six episodes.
No no, don't misunderstand me, LOST is the superior show (see NERD ALERT part I thread), but Heroes is not dragging their story out; you really feel that you've learned something new week after week.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
SULU

OOh, its true!
http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/11/18/george-takei-joins-cast-of-heroes/
takei.jpg

George Takei joins cast of Heroes
by Julia Ward

In an utterly brilliant bit of casting news, George Takei, Star Trek's Captain Sulu, will be playing Hiro Nakamura's father on NBC's Heroes. You can expect Hiro's father to be showing up stateside to bring his super son back to Japan. If you've been watching the series, you know that won't go over too well considering that Hiro is on a mission to save New York City from imploding in five weeks, which - counting reruns - should be just in time for sweeps.

Masi Oka, who plays space-and-time-continuum-bending Hiro, told TV Guide, "I just hope I get to say, 'Dad! Sulu is my hero, not you!' The sci-fi fans would love it."
I'm not even a huge sci-fi fan, and I love it. What else can you say? George Takei's awesomeness cannot be contained.

flat-top

Well, after last night's episode, I have to repeat myself.........Nicki/ Jessica---WHO CARES?? The really did a number on themselves getting caught up in this storyline. They need to wrap it up quickly. It's just terrible.
But everything else was pretty cool:p

flat-top

jamespowers said:
That whole origin of the cheerleader scenario really went in a big circle. :eusa_doh:

Regards,

J
Well, they're really trying to connect everyone (I guess). Obviously, "superpowers" run in all these families!

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
No I didn't. What was it?
Takei did alright I guess but stoic somehow doesn't suit him.
That whole origin of the cheerleader scenario really went in a big circle. :eusa_doh:

Regards,

J

Actually, I expected that dour demeanor. Back in the late `90s there was a tv movie about japanese immigrants in the `30s. Mightve been a PBS movie. Titled , TheBest Bad Thing. Takei did the same routine, the dour japanese elder.

The license plate in teh final scene when he pulls out: NCC-1701

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic