Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NERD ALERT!!

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just finally watched last weeks episode! Another good one!
So, do we think the smoke monster is a left over Dharma thing that probably has nothing to do at all with the others? OR, does it predate everyone on that island? If you recall, Locke seemed to think it WAS the island!

Shearer

Practically Family
I'm not sure what's up with the smoke monster. I remember mentioning somewhere that when the monster was shown the first season, I slowed down my DVR to 1/16 speed to see what exactly it was. (This was when we'd only HEARD the monster before.) Anyhoo, when I slowed it down, it was a tree UPROOTING itself from what I could tell. [huh]

Bothers me to this day.

Adelaidey

One of the Regulars
Extremely good epi. tonight... what do ya'll think of Juliet?

Many new developments about the island-- women can't have babies? So that's why they kept taking children? Many developments! Thoughts?

Doh!

One Too Many
GREAT episode tonight! They seem to have found their footing again, although I sorta suspected Claire was made sick on purpose.

I wouldn't trust an Other as far as I could throw 'em.

Doh!

One Too Many
Yeah, last night's episode kicked butt! And I felt stupid that it never occurred to me that because Locke's dad was a con artist, he would also be the same guy Sawyer was looking for.

Duh!

PS But if it turns out he's not really dead, I'll go back to being disappointed.

flat-top

Doh! said:
Yeah, last night's episode kicked butt! And I felt stupid that it never occurred to me that because Locke's dad was a con artist, he would also be the same guy Sawyer was looking for.

Duh!

PS But if it turns out he's not really dead, I'll go back to being disappointed.
There are some loose ends being tied up it seems. If they keep going at this rate, next season certainly could be the last.

flat-top

"The Man Behind The Curtain" was fantastic!!! OH MAN! This was like season one good!! Of course as more questions were answered, even bigger mysteries were introduced, but still--that's what made this show so great in the first place!!
What do you all think????

Adelaidey

One of the Regulars
5/9 EPISODE SPOILER!!!! Don't look if you don't want to know!!!

*SPOILER ALERT*

Okay, if you've seen last night's ep, then please give me your opinion... my bro and I have been arguing over whether or not Locke is actually dead. He claims that Locke isn't actually dead and will turn up again, and I've pronounced him DOA... any thoughts???

Doh!

One Too Many
Other than the smoke monster, I was pretty sure EVERYTHING on the island had a "logical" explanation, but last night's episode would indicate otherwise:

• Young Ben saw his mother's ghost -- and it spoke to him (has any other ghost said anything?). Now, it could be that was all in Ben's mind but I think it was "real." And if she didn't die during childbirth, she's holding up pretty damned well for a 60(?) year-old.
  • Richard hasn't aged, either. That, or he's a series of clones. Lord help us all if they go that route.
  • Jacob could be an elaborate hoax, but again, they presented Locke's hearing "Help me" as a "real" thing so maybe they are establishing ghosts as a real thing in the island's world.

I'm OK with the supernatural element. The danger is, what are the rules? If anything can happen then it sort of takes away the drama. The best episodes are those dealing with the survivors' stories in the pre-crash (our) world.

Last point: I doubt that they'd kill off Locke yet. If they wanted us to think him dead, it would've been a head shot or something else permanent. Maybe he can't even be killed.

Rosie

One Too Many
NO ONE posted about last night's episode?!

Are you all still asleep or working that hard?

Come on people, distract me from work, start a discussion.

I'll start - Was that good? or was that good? - Jack's flash-foward?

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Rosie

One Too Many
Yes, the alternate future theory crossed my mind. Or... was Jack so hopped up on drink and meds that he was just being weird? When he said, bring my dad down, the other doctor looked at him in this sort of weird, pitying kind of way.

Who do you think died? It seemed as though it was someone Jack though was important but Kate said, "why would I have gone to the funeral"? as though it was someone they shouldn't have cared about.

Feraud

Bartender
Rosie said:
Yes, the alternate future theory crossed my mind. Or... was Jack so hopped up on drink and meds that he was just being weird? When he said, bring my dad down, the other doctor looked at him in this sort of weird, pitying kind of way.

Who do you think died? It seemed as though it was someone Jack though was important but Kate said, "why would I have gone to the funeral"? as though it was someone they shouldn't have cared about.

I think it is an alternate future (that is possible to change) due to the father comment and Kate being married..to Sawyer, btw. ;)
The pity look from the doctor to Jack could be that of a person seeing another ruin their life and strike out at a loved one.

I think Locke or Ben is in the coffin. It is probably Ben but not viewing the face leaves it open for discussion and plot adaptation. Locke is not leaving that island unless he is dragged off of it. Whoever is in the casket is someone who does not have family or friends to attend the service.

As for Charlie's fate.. I think his plotline was well done in terms of tugging the emotional hearstring but we must consider the resurrection(s) of Locke..

Rosie

One Too Many
Ben.... Interesting. But, would Jack have cared that much? He seemed so distraught.

Though Charlie was a bit annoying to me in the beginning, his story did end well, except for the corny emotional music they were playing, that was pretty bad.

I'm going to mess with you a bit, was Locke REALLY resurrected? He was shot and we assumed he was dead. Others who have died on the island remain dead. Locke seems to be special. I don't think Charlie is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats