Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New acquisition - very excited

Fury964

Familiar Face
Hi all

I have just taken delivery of two new items.
The first is my repro Mae West from Steve Silburn and before you ask, no he hasn't started a new production line. I knew he had one that he was hanging onto and have finally persuaded him to part with it.

The second is some Meyrowitz Luxor 10 flying goggles. Sorry for the picture quality, but I just had to share. Will try to get better ones later.

b1d6dec3.jpg

5c2add34.jpg

Genuine new old stock Lightning zip
73eb8f27.jpg

97df64af.jpg

Last edited:

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Like the Luxors Fury. You don't see a lot of reenactors using them although you do see a fair few contemporary photos of pilots with them.

That's Grubby Grice in the photo. Along with the similar image of Keith Gillman it's one of those iconic images of the Few from 1940.

Cheers,

Tim

Fury964

Familiar Face
Like the Luxors Fury. You don't see a lot of reenactors using them although you do see a fair few contemporary photos of pilots with them.

That's Grubby Grice in the photo. Along with the similar image of Keith Gillman it's one of those iconic images of the Few from 1940.

Cheers,

Tim

Do you mean this one?
86d5208f.jpg

To be honest Tim, I don't think that I will be using these goggles for reenactment. Worth too much. If I could find someone that could make exact copies then I'd wear them as I think they look really good and as you say, you don't see any reenactors wearing them.

Last edited:

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Do you mean this one?
86d5208f.jpg

To be honest Tim, I don't think that I will be using these goggles for reenactment. Worth too much. If I could find someone that could make exact copies then I'd wear them as I think they look really good and as you say, you don't see any reenactors wearing them.

Yes, that's Keith Gillman. Sadly he was killed not terribly long after that was taken.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy