Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero 1930s half belt with modified back in battered tan horsehide

Mainspring

Familiar Face
Congratulations on a fantastic looking 1930's HB and welcome to the Lounge. I gather Carrie sent you a fit jacket. Correct? However done, the fit appears ideal. The vertical pleated back from the center back yoke to center HB, as found on the Pioneer, is an additional nice touch.

Thank you! Yes, Carrie sent me a fit jacket...a size 36 Two Tone Sunburst. Regarding measurements, I needed the sleeves lengthened and a bit added to the body for my preferred look.

Mainspring

Familiar Face
That's just beautiful man, perfect fit and a very cool mesh of Halfbelt elements. 12 weeks eh? That just pushed my anticipated eta back to July. But it's Ok. The waiting gives you plenty of time to second guess your choices which is such a gas;)
Fantastic jacket, very well done indeed.

Thanks a lot! Well, I was told that Aero had to do some patternwork due to the back design of my order...so maybe your wait time won't be quite so long. I actually spent such an unhealthy amount of time deliberating over every aspect of this jacket BEFORE placing the order, I didn't suffer too badly from second guessing.

I hope you enjoy your jacket when it arrives.

Mainspring

Familiar Face
Very nice indeed. Is that the back from a Pioneer pattern? It's a good fit, particularly considering the added length to this jacket (I beleive Thurston add an inch or two to pretty much all the Aeros they order, length-wise?) - that pleat detail really looks bang on. Enjoy it!

I appreciate the comment. The back is from the 20's Work Coat, actually. The added body length was something I specifically requested.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That design looks familiar ;)

IMG_0334.jpg

Is your based n the premier patterns well? It definitely looks slim enough and the collar looks like it as well. There is a slight difference in that my shoulder yoke seam runs directly into the arm seam while yours is slightly offset...I wonder why the difference?

Looks great in the battered tan though, congrats!

Mainspring

Familiar Face
That design looks familiar ;)

View attachment 50524

Is your based n the premier patterns well? It definitely looks slim enough and the collar looks like it as well. There is a slight difference in that my shoulder yoke seam runs directly into the arm seam while yours is slightly offset...I wonder why the difference?

Looks great in the battered tan though, congrats!

Fantastic! Yes, I went with the premier due to the more tailored fit. Good point regarding the arm seams. Does the front of mine look similar to yours?

kronos77

One of the Regulars
Fantastic! Yes, I went with the premier due to the more tailored fit. Good point regarding the arm seams. Does the front of mine look similar to yours?

If the fit jacket was a 36 in the 30's HB, then what size did you do in the Premier fit? Did you size up or down or stay the same?

Or am I wrongly assuming that the fit jacket was a standard 30s halfbelt?

Mainspring

Familiar Face
If the fit jacket was a 36 in the 30's HB, then what size did you do in the Premier fit? Did you size up or down or stay the same?

Or am I wrongly assuming that the fit jacket was a standard 30s halfbelt?

The fit jacket was a size 36 sunburst actually. It fit okay, but I wasn't completely happy with it. I was told the premier 30s half belt was more tailored (ex. a tad more snug in the shoulders). I added length to the body and sleeves when I placed my order, crossed my fingers, and waited.

I must also note that the leather of the two tone sunburst fit jacket was slightly more stiff than the mid weight battered tan out of the box, which may explain in part why the fit of my custom jacket feels so superior.

Thanks a lot! Well, I was told that Aero had to do some patternwork due to the back design of my order...so maybe your wait time won't be quite so long. I actually spent such an unhealthy amount of time deliberating over every aspect of this jacket BEFORE placing the order, I didn't suffer too badly from second guessing.

I hope you enjoy your jacket when it arrives.
That unhealthy time was time well spent! I'm really enjoying your jacket and it's another example of this incredible pattern that has me over the moon with anticipation and excitement.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Yes, pretty much identical. Single horizontal chest pocket. Two hand warmers. I've been meaning to update my pics, I'll try and get around to it this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot