Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero 42-15142-P

Lots of new jackets today - nice to see! Here's my newest - an Aero 42-15142-P in seal jerky HH. LOVE it!What do you guys think - as usual, I want honest 2¢ worth from the peanut gallery! :)

aero-42-9.png

aero-42-1.png

aero-42-5.png

aero-42-8.png

Last edited:
Honest opinion?
Beautiful.
I have the exact same model/leather on order with Aero...hope mine turns out as well.
Not meaning to re-open a can of worms here, the sleeve length looks to be a bit towards the long end of what I've seen on A2 repro's lately...which I prefer.
I actually just picked up a gw Rough Wear that fits me the same. Love the fit.

lolYup. Sleeves longer to accommodate shrinkage. If it were goat, I'd not get so long. As HD has said, being 6-4", I hate sleeves too short. Driving with this on is perfect! I forgot to upload the back shot. In a rush to get granddaughter to The Lorax ;)Thanks for the feedback Matt. Best of luck on your jacket!

Last edited:

chamboid

One of the Regulars
Beautiful rich colour, like the green stitching, Monarch-esq, nice jacket, whats the leather feel like? Looks soft, but not in a bad way. Nice non-shiny matt look as well.

Now that's a good trim look. I think the sleeves may work out well after some wear. Looks like you just got out of flight school...and ready for a cold pitcher at the PX. HD
I'll take that as a midwestern approval :)Thanks guys. I think I like this one.Ironically, I saw a couple guys out tonight with what looked like '87 Avirex A2's that were huge and very blousy. I realized I used to like those jackets. They're best for more full-bodied guys. Skinny guys look like they're wearing parachutes.

Last edited:

derleicaman

One of the Regulars
Hey Scott,
Looks good. Sleeves a hair long, but they will shrink a bit with wear. My biggest concern is always body length. I have a problem when a jacket doesn't at least cover my belt buckle, had too many A-2's that did not. The length on your looks spot on. What size is your jacket? 48 or 50 would be my guess.

BTW, is that one of the straps you were talking about on your watch. I like the look and it matches the jacket well. Looks like green thread. Which color is the leather? I'm thinking of getting one for my Chrono Avenger and it would be nice to get something matching seal HH.

Granddaughter OMG! I'll be 56 next Wednesday and my kids are in their 20's. No where near grandkids yet. Someday.

@ Seb: why yes, how insulting lol

@ Derleicaman: thx. Yes, long sleeves. They'll be good.
It's a 48L, but close to a 50.
The Toshi on my other Fortis is a perfecta match as are the Rockport Cap Toe Trail boots. The stitching is grey due to the strap being bought for another Fortis. You can't tell unless you're very close. I am getting another with olive thread. Nice catch.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice jacket Scott. The sleeves will shorten through wear. I guess you mean its a copy of Aero's 1942 contract-42-15142-P rather than 42-15143-P?

Thanks and good catch Andrew. Copied and pasted from my order form to get out the door in time. Didn't even notice! lol
Can't sleep. Drank two coffees to stay up for the movie. Still lit up.

Last edited:

Davy Crockett

A-List Customer
Excellent A2, I think the fit is perfect, I don't think the sleeves are too long it's simply because you have a large watch on the left hand, I always prefer A2's in Seal sweet Jacket!

D

archbury918

One of the Regulars
Scott, the jacket looks great on you, especially given its a Long! I'm impressed that the body fit is so good for a larger pattern size as well.
I do hope your sleeves shrink a bit for you, but better than a mid forearm fit when driving.
I'm glad I don't have to deal with the L issue when it comes to jackets. I'm fortunate to fit R's just fine.
I typically favor russet, but your finish looks good!
Is that a mustard lining?
M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters