Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero 50's Half Belt Deluxe (with pics)

Windward

Practically Family
WOW! This is really a deluxe jacket :eusa_clap - so many nice features and a damned nice color and leather - you see me envy!
Enjoy it in good health - btw - your son looks cool in his B-3 must be very proud of his dad.

WOW! This is really a deluxe jacket :eusa_clap - so many nice features and a damned nice color and leather - you see me envy!
Enjoy it in good health - btw - your son looks cool in his B-3 must be very proud of his dad.

Thanks Windy! I decided to do the hot water treatment to the cuffs. They were a little tight where the cuff attaches to the sleeve. I soaked the ends in hot water and then put some glass bottles in them and pushed them until they stretched. Let them sit overnight and today, they're perfect.
I had forgotten about that trick until I read of another person doing it in an older thread and thought I'd try it. Works a charm it does. Only downside is the nice wrinkling goes away with the hot H2O lol
Have to go travel to get that back I guess.

Navin323i

Practically Family
Sorry for my late reply... love both the jackets... congrats Bro!

I'm looking forward to seeing more pics from your trip. :)

Cheers,
Navin

TLS

New in Town
Did you send over the materials to Aero for the handwarmer pockets or was that straight out of the factory? Love the color of that jacket!

Did you send over the materials to Aero for the handwarmer pockets or was that straight out of the factory? Love the color of that jacket!

Cord pockets came from Aero. I think they have other colors as well.
Jan gave me that tip, and I'm glad he did! They're warm and cozy and it's thick cord. Quality stuff. It's in all the pockets - even the breast zip'd one.
Highly recommended.
I love this jacket more every day. Wore it last night for the first time without a scarf, collar, etc. and it's so nice. This one I'll keep forever. Doesn't mean I won't add others, but this one goes to my son when I croak lol

nabottle

A-List Customer
Excellent Half Belt Deluxe! The Tartan is exceptional and the fur collar really is the icing on the cake. You have a great eye for creating a work of art. If I may ask, why did you want the snaps instead of buttons on the cuffs?

kronos77

One of the Regulars
I haven't seen the heavier Aero oil pull in ages. I wish they would restock it. The mid weight is ok but nothing compared to the old stuff.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, I haven't heard from him fer ages.

Butte is posting regularly on VLJ. Based on his occasional references to current TFL content, it appears that he continues to read TFL but elects not to post here.

The following two Butte posts on VLJ provide some insight:

“I've stayed out of all this lately as I had had enough of it. I don't think it's Charles, but rather another member there that gets him stirred up and whether it's a tag-team or just someone tagging along to start ***t, I for one can't even go there any more for fear that this guy will popup with his BS which started defending HPA vs Good Wear and Diamond Dave's jackets. He's got a loose nut, and he has something out for those guys - and now me. reading his posts make me think that if he were a kid in school, I'd have to report him as being dangerous and/or mentally unsound. I've never read anger like his in posts on either of these two forums, and I just now choose to keep away from that place.”

“So I decided to go over and have a read. Wow. My plan of not engaging any longer seems the best.”

IMG_4223.JPG Aero sent me this oil-pull sample in 2012. It is by far my favorite of their offerings. Never pulled the trigger, but I still keep the sample.
:)

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 120405 Aero sent me this oil-pull sample in 2012. It is by far my favorite of their offerings. Never pulled the trigger, but I still keep the sample.
:)
My fathers A2 in oilpull from 2015(?) looks very different in finish, no grain at all, very smooth, like suede almost. If anyone was to order an oilpull hide jacket, I would strongly recommend asking Aero for a sample of their current oilpull offering. There appear to be massive differences from batch to batch.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Butte is posting regularly on VLJ. Based on his occasional references to current TFL content, it appears that he continues to read TFL but elects not to post here.

The following two Butte posts on VLJ provide some insight:

“I've stayed out of all this lately as I had had enough of it. I don't think it's Charles, but rather another member there that gets him stirred up and whether it's a tag-team or just someone tagging along to start ***t, I for one can't even go there any more for fear that this guy will popup with his BS which started defending HPA vs Good Wear and Diamond Dave's jackets. He's got a loose nut, and he has something out for those guys - and now me. reading his posts make me think that if he were a kid in school, I'd have to report him as being dangerous and/or mentally unsound. I've never read anger like his in posts on either of these two forums, and I just now choose to keep away from that place.”

“So I decided to go over and have a read. Wow. My plan of not engaging any longer seems the best.”

I think that if a member feels attacked to a point he decides rather not to spend time at the Lounge any longer, the Bartenders should look into the issue and get the parties involved in the same (chat-)room to try and sort it out in everyone's best interest.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think that if a member feels attacked to a point he decides rather not to spend time at the Lounge any longer, the Bartenders should look into the issue and get the parties involved in the same (chat-)room to try and sort it out in everyone's best interest.

Isn’t it easier to just block the particular users posts so you don’t see them?

I have 2 people on my block list that are notorious trolls and I just don’t see what they have posted, much better option than avoiding the entire site and a lot of great guys over just 1 or 2 muppets.

If only real life was this easy...

Lit Up

One of the Regulars
I thought that predominantly middle aged premium leather jacket connoisseurs with lots of money wouldn't act like dicks. As a newcomer, I'm a little disappointed to see some bitchy discourse floating around. I wish everybody would just act in a manner befitting the jacket they are wearing.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I sometimes find myself tracing back old threads, usually looking for pics, and some of the trolling that went on a few years back was shocking. I had a couple of people blocked but for the most part they've either been booted out or simple aren't here - it's a much more relaxed place, nowadays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy