Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero A-2 aquisition... Pics... Opinions ;-)?

Brettafett

One Too Many
You are right. Thats the reason for trying different jackets. For me, priority no.1 is fit. Its gotta be comfortable and wearable. Also, very NB, is length! Esp arms... Get it off just a fraction in those depts and its gonna go at some point.
Over the years I have grown fonder and fonder of russet, so thats also a factor.
I think, for me, a jacket that is too trim won't be very comfortable...
So, knowing what I know about what I have had, I am risking it all for the next 'hopeful'...

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
You are right. Thats the reason for trying different jackets. For me, priority no.1 is fit. Its gotta be comfortable and wearable. Also, very NB, is length! Esp arms... Get it off just a fraction in those depts and its gonna go at some point.
Over the years I have grown fonder and fonder of russet, so thats also a factor.
I think, for me, a jacket that is too trim won't be very comfortable...
So, knowing what I know about what I have had, I am risking it all for the next 'hopeful'...

As I said before, the fit of your latest jacket looks OK, if not optimal. Keep in mind that a trim filling jacket that might have a more desirable aesthetic appearance is generally less comfortable to wear than a more loose fitting one. To me, the critical factor is sleeve length. I hate the appearance and feeling of "stork arms" especially with my longer than usual arms, although sleeves that are too long are almost as bad. In any case, I like the way your jacket looks on you and would be hesitant to sell or trade it assuming that the jacket"feels" good when you wear it

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
With the weather starting to turn chilly here i've been layering a jumper over a shirt and thankful i've got an A2 which fits slightly larger over both. So, I guess it depends on how and when you want to wear it. I'd say you've got a good all-rounder. Or, do what most of us jacket nuts do and get two (or more!)

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Well, I think it looks fine to me, not exactly a trip fit. But hey, only a T-shirt inside? It you start wearing a thicker sweater in there, it will be an extremely good fit. Nice jacket here!

There is no doubt that comfort goes downhill the tighter it gets. "Fashion" isn't about comfort. Actors will tell you this, as will models. They get put into gear that "looks perfect" but is torture to wear. Be comfortable - I've said on more than one occasion that a jacket YOU don't enjoy won't get worn. In the end, who cares what "we" think. You know what works for you. And it's not even close to looking bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy