Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Bronco, russet goat...

Asienizen

One of the Regulars
Butte, that is a very smart jacket. I like goatskin, even though it doesn't have the panache of HH, I would recommend it to a person who was getting their first A2, and was going to thrash it around. In some ways, goat is better value for money.

Granted, I still like the look of HH better.

Butte, that is a very smart jacket. I like goatskin, even though it doesn't have the panache of HH, I would recommend it to a person who was getting their first A2, and was going to thrash it around. In some ways, goat is better value for money.Granted, I still like the look of HH better.
Once broken in, goat can look as good. Takes more to break the finish though. Just like Lays potato chips, nobody can have just one. Diversity in the jacket closet is best ;)

JanSolo

Practically Family
Sorry Rudie and Dr H. I wasn't meaning to offend anyone. Each to their own. And I have to admit that I've seen a lot of great pictures on this forum of guys wearing high rise slacks and jeans. For some reason the "Deutsche Hochbundhose" et all is not something I look good in.

Scott I hope I haven't hijacked your thread by this reply.

Speaking of RRL and Carhartt chambray... Always a tasty idea!

8073499885_63f119b96f_c.jpg

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
It's not a problem Jan, no offence taken - this place takes itself too seriously ;)
I'm not talking about high rise slacks or jeans (not for me), but vintage trousers from between the wars which are naturally more high waisted and suit the A-1/A-2/M-422/B-10 very well in terms of silhouette (as you don't have the urge to keep tugging the waistband down over your belt).

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Sorry Rudie and Dr H. I wasn't meaning to offend anyone. Each to their own. And I have to admit that I've seen a lot of great pictures on this forum of guys wearing high rise slacks and jeans. For some reason the "Deutsche Hochbundhose" et all is not something I look good in.

Scott I hope I haven't hijacked your thread by this reply.

Speaking of RRL and Carhartt chambray... Always a tasty idea!

8073499885_63f119b96f_c.jpg

Jan, what brand of belt is that?

Lear

One of the Regulars
Got to say JanSolo, so many of your posts have been helpful. I've no idea how you get to hear about all this stuff, or where you get your ideas from... just a simple thanks for everything :eusa_clap

Without your input, I'd never have known about all those Aero customizations.

Lear

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
TEH GRAIN!!

:D

Amazing grain.
I think it looks fantastic on you and I especially like the whole form and shape of the collar, and also the small pockets.

Sorry Rudie and Dr H. I wasn't meaning to offend anyone. Each to their own. And I have to admit that I've seen a lot of great pictures on this forum of guys wearing high rise slacks and jeans. For some reason the "Deutsche Hochbundhose" et all is not something I look good in.Scott I hope I haven't hijacked your thread by...
Please! Hijack welcome! Nice gear. You can't just wear a jacket lolI'm trying to get you to post. I miss your fashion sense. And the tree ;)

TEH GRAIN!!:DAmazing grain. I think it looks fantastic on you and I especially like the whole form and shape of the collar, and also the small pockets.
Me? Pockets look smaller on mine 'cause the jacket is bigger. I don't think they scaled pockets for different jacket sizes. It's one benefit of being bigger (in my opinion) as I like the smaller pocket look. Thanks for the comments - assuming it was meant for me lol

Edward

Bartender

What are the boots? They look like RedWing Iron Rangers, but I've never seen a pair of those with that two-textured effect before - looks to me to be roughout body with smooth-side toecap and heel panels? Special edition? Great, whatever they are.

Anyone making high-waisted trousers today?
Yes, plenty of people - these are good (http://www.old-town.co.uk)

Depending on how "high" you consider "high enough", I've also been very pleased with PIR Cargos (when funds allow I am going to pick up at least one pair of each colour in the Overlord model. Nicely pressed those would go very well with collar and tie and a nice jacket. I've also found military repro and surplus turns up some great options for civilian wear, if limited in colour palette (less so if you're not squeamish about wearing some of the Axis stuff, though unfortunately some of that is also out due to buckled ankles)).

You can't just wear a jacket

Oddly enough that's exactly what the Magistrate said to me too.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Me? Pockets look smaller on mine 'cause the jacket is bigger. I don't think they scaled pockets for different jacket sizes. It's one benefit of being bigger (in my opinion) as I like the smaller pocket look. Thanks for the comments - assuming it was meant for me lol

Yes it was meant for you.
Ok yeah never thought about the scaling, but as you say it looks really good.

...and also.....the grain!

:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo