Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero FQHH A2 - is it to short ?

ChristianM.

New in Town
Hello guys,

Received my Aero A2 a week ago. After wearing it, I am not sure anymore if it is not a bit to short.
Will sized me up personally, so i was sure it will fit right. He said he added 2" to the body lenght, but now it doesn´t really cover my belt.

Spec´s of the jacket:
  • 1940 A2 with collar stand
  • Brown heavy! FQHH
  • Alpaca Lining
  • brown Sateen for the sleeves
  • Mid Brown cuffs
  • Talon Zipper
  • one vertical inside pocket

20931947.jpg

20221466.jpg

57647669.jpg

ChristianM.

New in Town
the jacket looks to short at lest 1 inch bellow your belt. what size is the jacket

The base is a size 44 Jacket. But it has 2" in body, 2 1/2" in sleeve, wider shoulders etc. Will form Aero took my measurments, so it really has actually nothing to do anymore with a stock size 44.

I am 6'4" with 210lbs

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Hey Christian, as it's been said on other 'how does my A2 fit?' threads, this is generally quite a short-fitting jacket. However, the jeans you've got on are quite 'hipster' cut. I'd try the jacket with pants/jeans that have a higher rise before making a decision as to whether it's too short.

I'm the same height as you and have an Aero goatskin A2 in a 46", which would probably make it the same length as your 44" (you had 2" added, rite?). The knit on the A2 sits right on the waistband of my K1 khakis and vintage-style jeans, but if I wear ones with a lower rise, my belt buckle shows...

Like this: these Edwin Nashville jeans were sat just below where most of my vintage cut jeans do (as I'd had a massive pastrami sandwich the previous nite!) so consequently you can just see the bottom of my belt buckle...

26255_10150169543795471_725635470_11925037_2405202_n.jpg

Last edited:

Tito

A-List Customer
Hey Christian, as it's been said on other 'how does my A2 fit?' threads, this is generally quite a short-fitting jacket. However, the jeans you've got on are quite 'hipster' cut. I'd try the jacket with pants/jeans that have a higher rise before making a decision as to whether it's too short.

I'm the same height as you and have an Aero goatskin A2 in a 46", which would probably make it the same length as your 44" (you had 2" added, rite?). The knit on the A2 sits right on the waistband of my K1 khakis and vintage-style jeans, but if I wear ones with a lower rise, my belt buckle shows...

Like this:

26255_10150169543795471_725635470_11925037_2405202_n.jpg

I agree Mr Badger.
Cheers

too much coffee

Practically Family
Hello Christian;
Terrific looking A-2! The sleeve length is perfect, but the body does look too short. The Aero A-2 in stock sizes is appropriate for a man no taller than 6 feet. Will should have added 4 inches to your jacket, 1 inch for every inch in height over 6 feet. Mr. Badger has a good suggestion though. Try it with a longer rise pants. The fit is better in the first pic with the lighter color blue jeans. Of course if you can't live with it anymore, PM me and I'll buy it. Best regards, coffee

Peacoat

Bartender
I agree with The Badger. The first thing I noticed was the short rise of the jeans. Then I noticed the jacket was short. I think with a normal rise trouser the jacket will fit fine.

captaincaveman1

A-List Customer
Trust your instincts and give yourself time to get used to the jacket. If after a few weeks your gut still tells you it's too short.... then it usually is too short. You know better than anyone how a jacket should fit your body.

Well, that's my approach after spending $$$$ on jackets that fit too big, too small, and just right. GL.

Cooperson

One Too Many
Great looking A2! In the first pic, with it unzipped, the length looks fine. I agree with the jeans issue though - get some with a higher rise and post another pic, I think it will look different again. An A2 that's too long just doesn't look right.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
It looks slightly too short to me even taking the pants into consideration. Sorry. Post a photo with different pants and let's see if it works. Nice jacket, however.

Last edited:

NowOrNever

Familiar Face
[Christian] I would agree that the jacket does look too short, while it seems to be a very good fit on the shoulder and the sleeves. It looks like the leather is beautiful and the general apperance is very pleasing. Inside pocket was a useful chioce too.

Mr Badger gave some very thoughtful and well considered advice. I'd try the jacket with different jeans as he suggests. Exactly why this forum is such a great resource!

Christian I've been wanting a good A-2 for many years, but have never tried ordering online, partly for fear of getting the wrong size.
Do you think you will order a second longer A-2 if you decide your current A-2 is too short?

Mr Badger: That photo of you in NY wearing your A-2 is interesting. Your own jacket looks great on you! I may just be in NY next month myself... [/I]

AngryNJ

Familiar Face
It's a beautiful jacket. The arms look perfect, but to me, it does look a bit short (the 2nd pic especially). Maybe needs another 1-2 inches...

ChristianM.

New in Town
First of all, many thanks for all the answers. You guys are right, with some really high rise pants the jacket will fit properly (fully covers the belt). But i wanted to wear my A2 as an daily jacket and it makes no sense for me to just wear "special" pants in order to have an right fited A2.
Also when i was at the Aero factory to get myself measured, i was wearing those "low-rise" pants you can see in my pictures. Because i wanted the jacket to fit to these kind of pants.

[Christian]
Christian I've been wanting a good A-2 for many years, but have never tried ordering online, partly for fear of getting the wrong size.
Do you think you will order a second longer A-2 if you decide your current A-2 is too short?
[/I]

I didn´t buy online. Because i had the same fear, that the jacket wouldn´t fit properly. So i went personally to the Aero factory in Scotland and got myself measured.

Here are some more detail pictures of the jacket right out of the box (now it is 1 week old):

If someone wants it, i am open to offers, because i think i always will be botherd by the lenght when i wear the jacket! I paid 500£

dscf6920g.jpg

dscf7718.jpg

dscf6933m.jpg

dscf6911.jpg

dscf7720.jpg

dscf6918k.jpg

NowOrNever

Familiar Face
Christian thanks for explaining you were actually measured for that jacket in PERSON!
How dissapointing it must have been for you... sorry :-/

I think Captaincaveman's suggestion of asking for an exchange is very valid, even more so since you were measured at the factory. Perhaps a mistake was made by an Aero employee?? Actually if I'd realised you had been measured in person, I probably wouldn't have asked about purchasing a second jacket... rather as Captain says try for an exchange.

Good luck with resolving the matter.

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Hi Guys,

last November I travelled to Galashiels to be measured directly in the factory. All A2 I bought before did not fit me like I wished. My 38-1711 is also very short. From my point of view that is the cut of these early A2´s. The Army trouser was extremly high. I ordered a pink trouser from Eastman and send it back, because I felt looking like a clown. The trouser covers the bellybutton.
Perhaps the Alpaca need a bit of wear to set right in the jacket.

Here is a picture on mine. It is also in heavy front quarter horse. It is also short, but I specially asked for a military fitting A2.
I´m 192 cm and have a weight of 88 kg. This photo was taken on the first day.

161010183659_P1090524.JPG

So long

Olli

kojax

Practically Family
i was watching the new pearl harbor movie last night. the a2 jackets they were wearing fit the men rather big .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner