Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Indecision is killing me...any thoughts appreciated.

HWM, or Teamster are good for your build. Also, a "biker" or D-pocket would work. That all said, wait for next month's new offerings.
And when you order, tell them how's you want it to fit. I did that on the Ventura. I'm a (slimmer) 48 Long top, but my waist is a 36. If you look at it, you can see what John did to accommodate me. That's what you're asking for. So ask :)

pauleway

Practically Family
I know I want to order a New Aero for next fall. I have been in contact w/Ken and Holly at Aero. I have a black HWM size 46 and I realy love the Style of the Jacket. I do however "NEED" to get a brown jacket as well. I'm having a really hard time making a decision. I'm thinking I'll just order a Brown HWM w/some different features. I've been considering 2 breast pockets, or no breast pockets. Is it a mistake to buy another $900 Jacket in another color? I was also considering Cossack, 50's HB, 30's HB. I'm 6' 220LBS, I'm pretty broad up top w/a 36" waist so not sure the 30's HB would work on my larger frame. I also prefer the more rugged look of the HWM over 30's HB. I really don't know what the hell I'm doing so I'm wondering if anyone has any helpful comments.
You could get a 50's HB with the 30's HB specs. This would give you the room you need in the shoulders and be a little trimmer at the waist. I know I saw one on the Aero site a while ago. You could also Get a Bi-Swing back added (LHB style) to give you the extra room you need for your wider back and shoulders!

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
If you can't decide what jacket to buy you probably don't need it anyway. Save the money until you are absolutely clear about your wants and needs and you will have no problem deciding. ;)

Cooperson

One Too Many
Still think a brown 50's half belt would look good. The pictures on Aero's website do show it cinched up tight, which gives the waisted look. Just let the straps right out and it'll have a different look. For a longer coat, the Teamster or Cheyene are worth considering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany