Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New and questions about Eastman B6

Crow101

New in Town
I sent an email to Aero in order to know if a modification of the front pockets is possible (to add zipps)

Crow101

New in Town
Got a response from Amanda (Aero)

adding zipps to the front pockets are naturelly possible.

exchange/refund can be possible depending on the modification.

I sent another email to ask if adding 2 inside pockets is also possible (and if exchange/refund is possible). I don't think it's possible but "Who asks nothing has anything" as we say in France...:rolleyes:

I also asked how do I proceed to order a modified jacket...

Crow101

New in Town
The response of Amanda to my second email:

They can't add an inside pocket to a sheepskin... we were right.

exchange/refund for a modified B6 (zippered front pockets) is possible: great :)

What is great, is that there is no extra cost for zipps added :)

I think I will order this one :rolleyes:

116074994.jpg

A Seal B6 with seal trim

Edward

Bartender
I've not dealt with Aero directly as of yet, but that certainly sounds like excellent customer service. now the big question: the practicality of zips, or the historical accuracy of their absence? ;)

Crow101

New in Town
Can't say if it's historical but it is a question of practicality for me.;)

I ordered yesterday for a seal brown B6 (with seal trim) with zippered pockets for no extra costs. Now i must be patient:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edward

Bartender
Looking forward to seeing photos when it arrives....

It did occur to me that a nice pair of period-looking zips would be superb on there - it does seem wholly reasonable to me to speculate that a USAAF pilot may have had zippers fitted privately to an issued jacket. I gather that original B6s are among the rarest of all the originals with very, very few surviving; prsumalby that makes it much harder to determine "the norm" from just the few known remaining examples?

Crow101

New in Town
The order has been dispatched, I just get an email from Aero.

I have a "tracking number"...If someone know which shipping company does Aero work with? thanx

Crow101

New in Town
I received it, very beautiful :)

I'm just by bothered by the sewing on the shoulders, it's a bit striking inside the jacket, but maybe with the time...

What are your experience about that ?

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I don't have one Crow but post some pictures as I am sure someone here will know, and also we want to see this new jacket of yours.

If you are really worried, email Aero, I am sure they will be able to let you know if it's normal or not.

Mark P

Familiar Face
I've got an Eastman B6!

I was wondering whether the excellent B6 design would come up for discussion on Fedora. I bought my Eastman B6 about three years ago and rate it highly. It's basically a sheep skin turned inside out so the furry bits are on the inside and the leathery bits on the outside. My understanding is that it is the same sheepskin as used in the B3, but with the pile cut shorter, so it's not so hot to wear. I find it plenty warm enough in any conditions in the UK.

The insided out sheep design means there no lining into which to set an inside pocket. As mentioned in an earlier comment the two side pocket bags hang inside the jacket. The pockets have no zips (unlike the D1).

This jacket has some great unusual features - the bi-swing back and the zips at the waist used to adjust the waist size.

I'm very satisfied with Eastman quality - the thickness and weight of this sheepskin was much better than I was expecting. The zip is a little flimsy (but works fine) but I think they have just started using a new design which may be better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy