Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Art Fawcett custom creation

Cruiser

One of the Regulars
After several months of admiring Art's hats on this forum, I recently placed my first order with Art, and the hat arrived yesterday. It is beautiful to my eye, and I post photos here for your enjoyment and comments. Art was most accommodating in producing exactly what I asked for, which was a hat cut to the specs for the Eddie G, but in the colors of the Sefton hat. Art suggested a couple of additional specs along the way, including binding the brim edge instead of leaving it raw. Needless to say, I am extremely happy with the outcome--many thanks to you, Art!

This is the hat just removed from the hatbox.
IMG_2320.jpg

Snap added to the brim.
IMG_2321.jpg

Right-hand side of the hat.
IMG_2313.jpg

Front view.
IMG_2315.jpg

Inside view.
IMG_2314.jpg

On my head.
IMG_2311.jpg

Another view:
IMG_2309.jpg

Last view.
IMG_2317.jpg

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
What a beautiful hat and it suits you very much.

It has a vintage styling. It is very sharp. I especially like that wide confident ribbon and bold bow.

That hat means business.

Great job Art and you, Sir, have very good taste.

The Duke

One of the Regulars
Yet another masterpiece by Art, and suits you very well Cruiser, and I agree with Hemingway Jones "That hat means buisness."

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Absolutely exquisite sir

and looks like a million on ya', congrats!
Someday, I too will take the plunge, til then I can only covet!

Wear it in good health!

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Fan-taperless hat!

You will look $1,000,000 wearing that hat!

Well may you wear it; and don't pamper or baby it too much - it should be worn and it CAN withstand the elements. My Art's creation withstood a four hour downpour of the worst kind and looks all the better.

moustache

Practically Family
Stunning!!

Beautiful hat and how elegant on you!!!!Very nice. I think i will have to consider one of Art's hats very soon.

JD

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BOY O BOY

Abolutely beautiful, It looks like you where born for this hat.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cruiser

One of the Regulars
Feraud said:
Excellent! :eusa_clap
What are the crown & brim dimensions?

The crown is 5 1/2" and the brim is 2 5/8". I forgot to mention in the original post, the way this hat fits is memorable--after about 15 seconds, you forget it is on your head, it fits so well.

raycharles

New in Town
Art, How Do You Do That?

If my assumption is correct, that the satisfied customer and Art do not live in the same city and that they did not meet in person, Art, how did you make that hat fit so well?

I guess my question is about how to accomplish a fine fit.

Very nice hat that was made for the person who bought it. It's like a sculpture.

Nice autograph as well !

Ray

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou