Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Barnstormer shawl collar from Aero

Philrs

New in Town
Just went to pick the coat up on Friday. A very nice drive from Glasgow to Gallashiels. The coat is stunning (single breasted for me). Now breaking it it. Feels like wearing a proper body armour. Will the horsehide ever feel a bit supple? If so, how many hours of wear does it typically require?

apba1166

A-List Customer
One thing I've done, and it might seem crazy with a coat that substantial, is to wear an alpaca or wool poncho over the hh jackets, at least for awhile, or when i put them on. They warm up real fast that way, within minutes, and it makes the breaking in easier and faster....though naked in the cold it will always start a bit stiff.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The website recommends propping horsehide jackets in front of hot radiator first thing in the morning, helps to soften the fats and oils used in the tanning process.

wdw

One Too Many
Will we be getting fit pics? I think I've only ever seen one Barnstormer on the Lounge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran