Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Black Hat

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Just want to show you all this hat I picked up last weekend at an antique store. I'm thinking it may be more of a 30s era hat but I'd love to hear from the experts on what era you think it might be. Being that it's black it's a bit hard to make out the details in the pics. It's a wool felt hat marked "Glenover" and "Henry Pollack, Inc." on the inside.
30sblackhat15.jpg

30sblackhat5.jpg

Changed up the hair a bit here:
30sblackhat1.jpg

Kilgour Trout

One of the Regulars
Very nice

Very Classy and striking ITG! :) , Very nice.
You've got an excellent 40's look and the hat really suits you.
I wondered where the new Avatar came from. :clap

Warm Regards
Kilgour Trout

rick5150

One of the Regulars
Holly, the picture you used for your avatar is simply stunning. Very classy. If you could have just snuck Bogie into the picture, it would have been perfect.

I hope this doesn't mean you are abandoning the fedoras!

Women can pull off so many looks much better than guys. :rage:

binkmeisterRick

A-List Customer
rick5150 said:
Holly, the picture you used for your avatar is simply stunning. Very classy. If you could have just snuck Bogie into the picture, it would have been perfect.

Especially that look of "Back off, or I'll claw your eyes out." ;)

bink

ITG

Call Me a Cab
rick5150 said:

Why thank you, gentlemen. Yeah, I should have put Bogie in there with me but with me snapping the pic with one hand and trying to hold him in the other arm would have proved to be quite the balancing act. Oh no, I'm not abandoning my Indy fedora. No way, no how. Indy is in my blood.

binkmeisterRick said:
Especially that look of "Back off, or I'll claw your eyes out." ;)

bink
Uh oh, I hope my look doesn't say THAT. But I could definitely do a pic like that but then I might scare all our newbies off.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Holly, great hat! Again, I like the curls. You really look retro 40's with that hat and the "do." Glad to know you will not abandon your fedora(s). Sometimes I feel alone out there, always glad to see a gal wearing a fedora.
Maybe women wear more fedoras, cowboy hats in your neck of the woods. Out here it is mostly Aussies and Tilleys.

Matt, you look so fierce. If we put a Bogie hat on you, it would be downright scary. Nice to see your hair, though. I don't think I'd seen a photo of it before.

Some guys I know would kill for hair like yours.

karol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy