Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Briefcase

poetman

A-List Customer
Well, I finally bought a new (1945) briefcase. I'm thrilled with this one.

My ideal brief was this Custom Hide:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kzzLM2wUVXY/Syhg94OWGYI/AAAAAAAAA2o/W-3q-g3nHFE/s400/CH_1945.jpg

But after seeing pictures on websites and from CH themselves about how different the finished bag looked, I decided to wait on Ebay to show me favor, and it did.

I now own this:

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages...20,361907428&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0

It looks so much better in person. It has the exact same format as the CH model I wanted and is an actual 1945 brief. The color is rich, and the condition is really mint. Plus, the leather is sturdy and thick. The bag is perfect. I was searching for such a long time; I'm glad I finally found what I really wanted.

poetman

A-List Customer
Thanks. I'm really thrilled with the bag. It is the exact style as pictured on the CH website and a fraction of the price. Plus, it's an actual 1945 item. The pictures really show the wear on the bag, but when I received it in the mail, I was so surprised at how inconspicuous the scratches were. I love using it, and that's all that matters.

Colonel

One of the Regulars
Good find - congratulations.

I had found one also (many months ago), and for a good price, but I was not satisfied with the quality from what I saw in the photos of the one I was looking at. It appeared that the leather was dried out and cracking. Yours looks to be in good shape.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
How is the leather holding up? Any new pictures?

My CH came in this last weekend. I need to post some pictures of it...

Cheers,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany