Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Buttoned Aero Leather??

karhu21

One of the Regulars
Just my opinion but often a short style jacket looks better with a zip than with buttons and a long style often
seems happier with a zip front but then again just an opinion Major.
Inside pockets are always good for mobile phone, cigarettes, cash etc.

One thing for sure however, leather jackets can get very warm in a pub after a few pints and over the years have developed a strange habit of vanishing!

majormajor

One Too Many
Got a few with zippers - that's why I fancy buttons this time.

If you look at alot of vintage pics of close-fitting buttoned leathers, the bottom couple of buttons are usually undone - a great comfort feature for sitting down (in a cockpit, in a car, or in the pub!!), which you simply can't do with a zip. That's my excuse anyway!;)

Oh yes, and a golden rule - NEVER take your jacket off in the pub (if you still wish to own it at home time...)!!:D;)

Graemsay

Practically Family
It can also be specified with a double-welted horizontal chest pocket. We haven't specified our February Stuart orders yet, but I definitely would be interested if folks like the Stuart with a zippered chest pocket or a horizontal double-welted chest pocket. The Stuarts we have in stock still have the button closure on the chest. Input?

I think that a horizontal double-welted chest pocket would be better than a zipper. It's keeping the number of different elements down - I suspect that's why a button was used.

My preference would be to lose the chest pocket, and install a pair of inside pockets instead.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
It can also be specified with a double-welted horizontal chest pocket. We haven't specified our February Stuart orders yet, but I definitely would be interested if folks like the Stuart with a zippered chest pocket or a horizontal double-welted chest pocket. The Stuarts we have in stock still have the button closure on the chest. Input?

I prefer the clean look with buttons, such as one finds on the Teamster, without any breast pocket, whether with a button, zipper, or welted. Inside pockets seem to be far more functional than any breast pocket. However, I am OK with a single left breast pocket on the HWM and HB,although mostly decorative. Those are just my preferences and would in no way disparage what anyone else might prefer.

wdw

One Too Many
I'm ok with small breast pockets as my wallet is only a 4-slot credit card holder with a few notes, so has virtually no bulk. I couldn't buy a jacket with open hip pockets and no zipped pocket, inner or outer, which is what puts me off some off-the-racks, like the Aero Pioneer.

majormajor

One Too Many
I think that a horizontal double-welted chest pocket would be better than a zipper. It's keeping the number of different elements down - I suspect that's why a button was used.

My preference would be to lose the chest pocket, and install a pair of inside pockets instead.

Already posted one without top pockets. Here it is again:

nopocket.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran