Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New dress advice

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Hi ladies~ I just bought this cute sailor dress but it doesn't come with the belt. Any ideas? I'm thinking of just getting a wide grossgrain ribbon, a bandana, or eventually making a belt that will have a large tie in back. I wish I could wear it for the 4th but I know it won't fit me. And it's official, I need to lose this baby weight by Sept. 17th, I just got an invite to my 15 year class reunion, lol!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8313269796&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:US:6

Hmm the message board keeps chopping up my link, here's the item number,

Also, I was thinking of red espradrilles to go with, what do you think? Anyone know of any cheap sites to get them? These top three sites want about $100 a pop! YIKES!

http://www.espadrillesetc.com/shopping.asp

http://www.vivacollection.com/women/espadrilles/espadrilles_women.htm

http://www.zappos.com/n/es/d/722000653/page/1.html

http://www.newport-news.com/shop/subcat_twelve.asp?gpcatID=1914&pacatID=1915&catID=3187

Ohairas

JiveAngel

New in Town
Thank you! I was about to order a pair of espadrilles from espadrillesetc.com but thanks to you I just ordered two pair from Bellebuttonshoes instead. And spent less than I was going to pay for one.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Thanks! I had tried ebay first, but couldn't find the kind I wanted. But the seller you suggested has the cutest polka-dot cherry espadrilles.. gotta get 'em!

I finally decided to look for a navy pair instead and low and behold, there was a navy/red striped pair.. got em for $5! I hope they match the dress.

~O

elsewhere

Familiar Face
ohairas said:
Thanks! I had tried ebay first, but couldn't find the kind I wanted. But the seller you suggested has the cutest polka-dot cherry espadrilles.. gotta get 'em!

I finally decided to look for a navy pair instead and low and behold, there was a navy/red striped pair.. got em for $5! I hope they match the dress.

~O

Yay! Glad to help!

I've actually been eyeing those cherry espadrilles, myself. I'm generally not big on cherries since they're somewhat overdone out here on the left coast... but those SHOES are SUPER CUTE!
eek. I feel so girly :p

JiveAngel

New in Town
Oh how funny. The red with cherries is the second pair I bought, since I was save so much on my basic pair. :)

At least I know they were a good choice.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Yep! Those are the ones, they are darling.. I'm not too crazy about the cherries, but I figure I can always clip a flower over them to go with other outfits, etc.. may even clip them off if possible.

I just got the dress in the mail today, it is SO cute~ just wish it fit, lol.. but I have to have goals!! I can at least get in on, just no pulling up that zipper yet.

I can't wait to get back into my favorite old vintage dress~ it's a 40s calico wrap around. I don't think I have a pic of me in it.. drat... hmm.. maybe I should go ahead and get wome more espadrilles to go with that one! They are so comfy to work in.

O

MissTayva

That is such an adorable dress!

Newport News usually has the cheapest espadrilles, that I know of.
Espadrilles Etc., on the other hand, has the best selection that I've seen.
I used to have a pair of their "Mar " shoes and have been dying to get another.
I can't wait to go to Spain... :)

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Hi! I tried Newport News first too.. but they didn't have the selection they used to. I knew I should've ordered from them a long time ago! :cry: I think they were like 12 bucks!

Those mar's are cute, and the price isn't too bad either. Are you going to Spain? I thought everything was supposed to be really cheap over there!!

O

MissTayva

ohairas said:
Hi! I tried Newport News first too.. but they didn't have the selection they used to. I knew I should've ordered from them a long time ago! :cry: I think they were like 12 bucks!

Those mar's are cute, and the price isn't too bad either. Are you going to Spain? I thought everything was supposed to be really cheap over there!!

O

They used to have a wonderful selection. I remember some time ago, they had these gorgeous suede wedges... studded vamps. They looked so authentic '40s. I procrastinated ordering them (because they had 'em for so long)... now they don't have them, nor anything else I really like.

Yeah, we'll probably be going to Spain next year. My husband is from Holland and we're way overdue on visiting there. I really want to go... for the food and for the shoes (to Spain, not Holland, haha!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy