Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Gus Miller Custom "Bogart"

pgoat

One Too Many
well, the hat is here, but the post office only left one of those little pink cards of woe (not sure why - there's no signature required) - now I gotta go stand on line for eternity tomorrow morning and cart the hat, box and all, to work with me to boot.....

Oh, well; I needed to go there and ship off one of my stingy brims anyway...just sold on ebay to help pay for the new hats. One more night of anticipation, waiting to see how it fits.....pray for me.

pgoat

One Too Many
a quick thought - I caught the last few minutes of Casablanca (airfield scene) last night and marveled at (A) just how amazing Bogie's hat looked! and (B) how great a job Boris did in nailing that vibe. I am going to work on my new Gus Miller hat crown this weekend, using the pics on this thread as my guide.

metropd

One Too Many
Me too. I mangaed too fix the edges and smooth them out into the final block. Looks much much better than even before. It still has the "Nicholas" styling but with much more clean lines. You would swear it was done by a top of the line hatter in the 30's. Will post pictures very soon.

Best regards,
Nicholas

pgoat

One Too Many
Cool! Can't wait to see that.

Just curious, Nicholas, did you request this hat from Gus based on Boris' thread, ask for a Bogie style on your own, or just walk into Batsakes and ask for details you wanted? In any case, you definitely scored on yours!

(I, like some others here, requested the same hat as Boris' after seeing this thread)

pgoat

One Too Many
metropd said:
I asked for the same grey but with different dimensions on the phone. So It is not the same style hat.

Gotcha - I didn't think so - yours definitely looks more rakish!

Well Done. Looking forward to the pics of the new & improved bash.

mike

Call Me a Cab
Boris K said:
Congrats, Mike, hope you like it. Let us know.

I'll try to get up pics wearing it soon.

sorry posting these images are so late! What do you guys think?

Photo18.jpg

Photo15.jpg

Photo14.jpg

Photo13.jpg

Photo12.jpg

mike

Call Me a Cab
metropd said:
Now thats a hat I would wear! The fedora fits your facial dimensions perfectley.

thanks guys! yes I'm quite happy with it! Always felt like I fit a bit awkward into a fedora, not anymore though! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou