Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Guy...and a "find".

david

New in Town
Hello all. I'm new here.
I've been enjoying wearing my Royal Stetson Fedora in the winter, and I have a Panama for the summer. It's an easy way to make a statement, and I like how they look.
Last summer I made what I felt was a real "find". I purchased an inexpensive $26 palm straw fedora off ebay. It was made by Sunbody, and they can be found at Sunbody.com . The woman who sold it to me was very helpful, and as I recall is listed on ebay as CimmaronSky. Sunbody hats are made in Guatemala, shaped in the US. The palm material is extraordinarily durable, and water is no trouble at all. They primarily make cowboy hats that are intended to be stomped on and abused. Dunks in the pool, river, and water theme park did it no harm, and it was an easy way to clean the sweat off. I used it at little league games, and for gardening; and dirt washed off without trouble. My only complaint is that it was a little too coarse a weave to use for everyday dress. Then I discovered you can buy these durable hats in a "fine" weave; and for only 3 or 4 dollars more! If you order them from the web site, they'll give you any color hatband you might wish; they'll also cover the edge of the brim with matching fabric (I think standard black and a straw edge looks just fine); and you can custom order brim widths. These hats are a bargain.
I still wear my Panama to look dressy; but for good looks with character and sheer durability, you can't beat these hats. They even come signed by the maker. It's good to find a product of any sort that exceeds expectations; so I thought I'd share.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner